Wednesday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers and thunderstorms in the northwest, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Gusty winds and heavy falls possible with thunderstorms in the far W. Winds E/NE 25 to 40 km/h tending E/SE 20 to 30 km/h in the late afternoon. Daytime maximum temperatures 32 to 40.
Thursday Partly cloudy. Medium (60%) chance of showers or a gusty thunderstorm in the west. Winds E 20 to 30 km/h turning N/NE 25 to 40 km/h in the morning then tending NW/NE 20 to 30 km/h in the late evening.
Friday Partly cloudy. Medium (50%) chance of showers, most likely in the morning and afternoon. The chance of a thunderstorm. Winds NW/NE 20 to 30 km/h tending W/NW during the afternoon then tending NW/NE during the evening.
Saturday Partly cloudy. Medium (60%) chance of showers in the east, most likely in the morning and afternoon. Near zero chance of rain elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm. Winds NW/NE 30 to 45 km/h tending W/NW during the afternoon then tending NW/NE 25 to 40 km/h during the evening.
Interior Weather Forecasts
||Forecast||Min||Max||Chance of rain||Rain amount||Frost risk||9am||3pm|
||21||36||40%||< 1mm||Nil||NE 19||23||WNW 13||14|
||20||37||30%||< 1mm||Nil||E 25||24||ESE 15||13|
The old saying is that you know it is hot when birds start falling out of the sky.
El Nino reared its head this spring, delivering a scorcher to New South Wales.