Fairfax Media Network

Pilbara Weather

Current Warnings
 

Pilbara Forecast

  • Monday Partly cloudy. Slight (30%) chance of a shower inland, near zero chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm. Winds N/NW 15 to 20 km/h.

  • Tuesday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the far east, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm. Winds NW 15 to 20 km/h becoming light before dawn then becoming NW 15 to 20 km/h in the early afternoon.

  • Wednesday Partly cloudy. Medium (60%) chance of showers in the east, most likely in the afternoon and evening. Near zero chance of rain elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm, with possible heavy falls in the east. Winds W/NW 15 to 20 km/h becoming light before dawn then becoming NW/SW 20 to 30 km/h in the early afternoon.

  • Thursday Partly cloudy. Medium (60%) chance of showers inland, most likely in the afternoon and evening. Near zero chance of rain elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm. Winds NW/SW 20 to 30 km/h.

  • Friday Partly cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers inland, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm. Winds NW/SW 15 to 25 km/h becoming NW 15 to 20 km/h during the morning then tending NW/NE 15 to 25 km/h during the afternoon.

Issued Mon 16:25 WST

Pilbara Weather Forecasts

Station
Forecast Min Max Chance of rain Rain amount Frost risk 9am 3pm
Wind RH Wind RH
°C °C km/h % km/h %
Mostly sunny
24 31 30% < 1mm Nil WNW 16 78 NW 25 66
Cloud increasing
25 30 20% < 1mm Nil - - - -
Mostly sunny
23 34 5% < 1mm Nil SSW 21 54 W 24 37
Mostly sunny
26 32 30% < 1mm Nil WNW 12 75 NW 24 64
Possible thunderstorm
25 36 30% < 1mm Nil NW 7 66 NNW 13 45
Fog then sunny
24 32 20% < 1mm Nil NW 4 74 NW 25 65
Thunderstorms
24 35 90% 5-10mm Nil WNW 10 59 NNW 8 43
Mostly sunny
24 37 30% < 1mm Nil - - - -
Mostly sunny
24 34 30% < 1mm Nil W 11 59 - -
Possible thunderstorm
22 34 30% < 1mm Nil - - - -
Possible thunderstorm
25 37 60% 1-5mm Nil NW 10 58 NNW 10 38
Possible shower
27 33 60% 1-5mm Nil - - - -
Mostly sunny
27 33 30% < 1mm Nil WNW 12 70 NW 30 65
Mostly sunny
25 34 30% < 1mm Nil WNW 9 67 NNW 26 56
Mostly sunny
27 29 10% 1-5mm Nil - - - -
Thunderstorms
25 34 80% 1-5mm Nil WNW 16 71 NW 14 52
Possible thunderstorm
23 33 60% - Nil - - - -
Mostly sunny
25 35 30% 5-10mm Nil - - - -
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Scorpions, rats emerge as rain continues to fall in flood-hit Tennant Creek

22:25 EDT

Less than three weeks into 2017, the desert town of Tennant Creek in the NT is already just 89 millimetres shy of reaching its average yearly rainfall, with the unusual downpour said to be leading to an influx of creepy crawlies.

Central Australian tourists treated to 'desert in her party dress' after constant rainfall

22:16 EDT

Rain has continued to fall in parts of Central Australia, ensuring the current greenery continues.

Rivers rising and roads cut across northern Western Australia

18:18 EDT

The Great Northern Highway has been closed between Fitzroy Crossing and Halls Creek, as rivers rise across northern Western Australia following a week of steady rain.