Fairfax Media Network

Great Southern Weather

Current Warnings
 

Great Southern Forecast

  • Thursday Clear. Light winds.

  • Friday Partly cloudy. Areas of morning frost in the north. High (70%) chance of showers in the west, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Gusty winds in the SW in the late afternoon and evening. Light winds becoming NW 20 to 30 km/h in the morning then tending W 25 to 40 km/h in the middle of the day.

  • Saturday Partly cloudy. Very high (95%) chance of showers, most likely in the morning and afternoon. The chance of a thunderstorm in the south in the afternoon. Possible small hail in the afternoon and evening. Damaging winds possible in the SW in the morning. Winds W/NW 15 to 25 km/h becoming W 35 to 50 km/h in the morning.

  • Sunday Partly cloudy. Medium (50%) chance of showers in the southwest, slight (20%) chance elsewhere. Gusty winds and possible small hail with showers in the morning. Winds W 25 to 40 km/h.

  • Monday Cloudy. Medium (40%) chance of showers. Winds W 25 to 35 km/h.

Issued Thu 16:25 WST

Great Southern Weather Forecasts

Station
Forecast Min Max Chance of rain Rain amount Frost risk 9am 3pm
Wind RH Wind RH
°C °C km/h % km/h %
Showers
2 18 80% 1-5mm Moderate - - - -
Frost then sunny
2 20 80% 1-5mm Moderate - - - -
Late shower
2 21 80% 1-5mm Moderate - - - -
Possible shower
4 16 80% 1-5mm Slight NW 25 73 WNW 35 66
Late shower
2 19 80% 1-5mm Moderate - - - -
Possible shower
3 17 80% 1-5mm Moderate - - - -
Late shower
1 19 80% < 1mm High - - - -
Showers
3 17 80% 1-5mm Slight - - - -
Possible shower
4 17 80% 1-5mm Slight - - - -
Showers
5 17 80% 1-5mm Slight NW 21 79 WNW 28 72
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

SA weather: Kids talk about 'scary' blackouts, board games, Harry Potter and Back to the Future

20:30 EST

While authorities assess the potential causes of Wednesday's massive blackout, the kids of South Australia have answers of their own.

SA weather: Restoring power 'very delicate affair'

20:29 EST

Parts of South Australia may be without electricity until the end of the weekend as the power network is repaired and gradually brought back online, ElectraNet has said.

SA weather: Adelaide could be 'spared worst' but destructive winds to lash parts of state

20:16 EST

Adelaide "may just get spared the worst of the weather" tonight but destructive winds are forecast to lash Kangaroo Island, Yorke Peninsula and South Australia's mid north.