Fairfax Media Network

Great Southern Weather

Tue 10:38 WST
Current Warnings

Great Southern Forecast

  • Tuesday Cloudy. Very high (95%) chance of showers, most likely during this afternoon and early evening. The chance of a thunderstorm during this afternoon and early evening. Gusty winds and possible hail. Winds NW 15 to 25 km/h increasing to 25 to 40 km/h in the morning then turning SW 20 to 30 km/h in the afternoon. Daytime maximum temperatures between 15 and 19.

  • Wednesday Partly cloudy. Areas of frost in the west in the evening. Winds SW 20 to 30 km/h tending S in the morning then becoming light in the evening.

  • Thursday Mostly sunny. Areas of morning frost. Light winds.

  • Friday Becoming cloudy. Areas of morning frost. High (70%) chance of showers in the west, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Light winds becoming W/NW 25 to 40 km/h during the morning.

Issued Tue 05:00 WST

Great Southern Observations

Latest Observations
Time Wind dir Wind spd Wind gust Tmp Dew pt Feels like RH Fire Rain Pres
km/h km/h °C °C °C % mm hPa
09:00 WST
WNW 39   14.0 12.2 11.4 89 2 1 -
12:30 WST
NW 33 54 14.4 8.8 12.2 69 4 0.0 1005.5
12:30 WST
NW 33 54 17.2 9.1 12.8 59 6 0.0 1006.4
12:30 WST
NW 30 44 15.8 11.8 12.9 77 3 1.2 1006.3
12:30 WST
WNW 22 31 15.7 11.1 10.0 74 3 1.2 -
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Adelaide weather: SES distributes sandbags as storm-force winds and heavy rains threaten

13:58 EST

Adelaide residents are preparing for heavy rain, high seas and strong winds forecast to hit later this week, in what the SES says could be one of the most significant weather events it has seen in South Australia.

NSW weather: Forbes declared a natural disaster zone after flooding

12:37 EST

Forbes has been declared a natural disaster zone after the region was hit by flooding over the weekend.

NSW weather: Further rainfall expected in Forbes, floodwaters to reach higher peaks

11:10 EST

Further rain expected in the central west of New South Wales could see the Lachlan River at Forbes reach a higher peak, despite it already being inundated with the greatest water levels in 25 years.