Fairfax Media Network

Wide Bay & Burnett Weather

Current Warnings
 

Wide Bay & Burnett Forecast

  • Saturday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers about Fraser Island, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm in the late morning and afternoon. Winds SE 25 to 35 km/h. Daytime maximum temperatures around 30.

  • Sunday Mostly sunny. Medium (40%) chance of showers about Fraser Island, near zero chance elsewhere. Winds S 15 to 20 km/h becoming light in the late afternoon.

  • Monday Hot and mostly sunny. Slight (20%) chance of a shower about Fraser Island in the morning. Near zero chance of rain elsewhere. Light winds becoming SE/SW 15 to 25 km/h during the morning then tending SE during the afternoon.

  • Tuesday Mostly sunny. Slight (20%) chance of a shower about Fraser Island, near zero chance elsewhere. Light winds becoming SE 15 to 20 km/h during the morning then becoming light during the afternoon.

Issued Sat 05:00 EST

Wide Bay & Burnett Observations

Latest Observations
Station
Time Wind dir Wind spd Wind gust Tmp Dew pt Feels like RH Fire Rain Pres
km/h km/h °C °C °C % mm hPa
14:40 EST
SSE 26 33 26.7 20.3 28.2 68 5 0.0 1007.0
14:40 EST
SE 30 31 26.4 - 26.4 - - - 1002.2
14:40 EST
SSE 13 17 31.6 18.9 33.0 47 10 0.0 -
14:40 EST
SSE 11 13 23.5 20.4 23.5 83 2 0.0 -
14:40 EST
S 19 20 22.2 20.7 22.2 91 2 3.4 1007.7
14:30 EST
- - - 21.3 17.1 21.3 77 - 0.0 -
14:40 EST
SE 19 28 25.9 17.5 26.8 59 6 0.0 1010.6
14:40 EST
S 31 39 23.3 22.9 23.3 98 2 4.4 1005.7
14:40 EST
SSE 19 24 22.4 21.6 22.4 95 2 11.2 1008.2
09:00 EST
SE 7   23.9 20.1 23.9 79 2 0 -
09:00 EST
S 19   22.3 22.3 22.3 100 1 6 1011.4
09:00 EST
SSE 24   24.4 23.1 24.4 92 2 5 1007.7
09:00 EST
SSE 39   26.6 20.4 28.0 69 7 0 1008.2
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Heat put on hold in the southeast

14:24 EDT

Temperatures will cool down for much of the week for South Australia, Victoria and New South Wales.

Brief monsoonal activity for QLD and the NT

12:58 EDT

The monsoon trough has made a glancing blow of Queensland's Cape York Peninsula and the Top End.

Rain welcome but many in western Queensland 'still doing it tough'

21:28 EDT

Rain in parts of western Queensland in the past week has raised hope that the drought may finally be over, but the long, dry years have already devastated pastures and wiped out incomes for many farming families.