Fairfax Media Network

Darling Downs Weather

Current Warnings
 

Darling Downs Forecast

  • Tuesday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the southwest, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm. Light winds.

  • Wednesday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the south, medium (40%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm in the early morning. Light winds becoming W/SW 15 to 25 km/h in the middle of the day then becoming light in the late evening.

  • Thursday Mostly sunny. Light winds becoming SW 15 to 25 km/h in the morning.

  • Friday Sunny. Areas of morning frost in the east. Winds S 15 to 25 km/h turning E/SE 15 to 20 km/h during the morning.

  • Saturday Sunny. Areas of morning frost in the south. Winds E/NE 15 to 20 km/h becoming light during the day.

Issued Tue 16:16 EST

Darling Downs Weather Forecasts

Station
Forecast Min Max Chance of rain Rain amount Frost risk 9am 3pm
Wind RH Wind RH
°C °C km/h % km/h %
Clearing shower
8 20 70% < 1mm Nil SW 6 91 SW 19 52
Showers easing
10 18 50% < 1mm Nil WSW 6 94 SW 12 68
Possible shower
11 17 70% < 1mm Nil WSW 5 90 SW 11 73
Possible shower
9 21 40% < 1mm Nil Calm 85 SSW 12 50
Possible shower
8 20 60% < 1mm Nil NNE 6 90 SW 19 53
Showers easing
5 15 70% < 1mm Slight NNW 2 93 WSW 9 64
Possible shower
9 17 70% < 1mm Nil NW 10 94 SW 19 64
Possible shower
6 18 60% < 1mm Nil W 1 93 WSW 12 58
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Warm June across Australia

18:10 EST

Sunny skies have created a warmer than average June across all capital cities.

Drought-affected farmers in north-western NSW sow land in hope of first crop in three years

18:09 EST

Heartened by recent rain, farmers near Walgett in north-western New South Wales are taking a gamble and sowing some of their land in the hope of their first crop in three years.

Cattleman concerned for safety after shutdown of Tennant Creek weather radar

16:22 EST

Citing old technology and safety issues, the Federal Government will today shutdown the Tennant Creek weather radar in the Northern Territory.