Fairfax Media Network

Maranoa Weather

Qld
Tue 09:49 EST
Current Warnings
 

Maranoa Forecast

  • Tuesday Partly cloudy. Medium (60%) chance of showers in the southwest, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of gusty thunderstorms, with possible heavy falls in the far southwest near the New South Wales border during this afternoon and evening. Winds N/NW 20 to 30 km/h becoming light in the early afternoon then becoming SE/SW 15 to 20 km/h in the late evening. Daytime maximum temperatures 36 to 41.

  • Wednesday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the south, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of gusty thunderstorms, with possible heavy falls in the south in the late morning and afternoon. Winds NW/NE 15 to 20 km/h becoming light in the morning then becoming S/SE 15 to 25 km/h in the late afternoon.

  • Thursday Hot. Partly cloudy. Medium (60%) chance of showers in the southwest, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm. Winds S/SE 15 to 25 km/h tending NW/NE during the morning then tending S/SE 15 to 20 km/h during the day.

  • Friday Partly cloudy. Medium (60%) chance of showers in the morning and afternoon. The chance of a thunderstorm. Light winds becoming E/SE 15 to 20 km/h during the afternoon then tending E/NE during the evening.

Issued Tue 05:23 EST

Maranoa Observations

Latest Observations
Station
Time Wind dir Wind spd Wind gust Tmp Dew pt Feels like RH Fire Rain Pres
km/h km/h °C °C °C % mm hPa
09:00 EST
N 28   32.8 20.9 36.0 50 13 0 1012.2
13:10 EST
WNW 11 13 36.6 18.3 38.3 34 17 0.0 1012.5
09:00 EST
WNW 13   34.3 23.1 40.0 52 9 0 1011.5
09:00 EST
NE 17   27.5 18.9 29.0 59 6 0 1014.3
09:00 EST
N 4   29.6 20.3 32.0 57 5 0 1013.6
13:10 EST
N 9 11 35.1 17.3 35.7 34 16 0.0 1013.5
13:10 EST
NNW 11 20 37.8 16.7 38.8 29 21 0.0 1011.8
09:00 EST
N 9   26.9 18.3 28.0 59 5 0 -
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Heatwave: Why you have trouble sleeping during hot nights

12:58 EDT

The morning after a sweltering summer night, when you have tossed and turned and sweated in your sheets, many may experience a rude awakening.

NT weather: Crocs, floods, and food drops as Top End residents brace for more heavy rainfall

12:41 EDT

The Katherine River is set to flood as an active monsoon trough causes heavy rains and squally showers across the Northern Territory, registering the wettest day in five years.

NSW heatwave: Records tumble in Moree, while Sydney set to swelter with top of 40C

12:18 EDT

As the mercury soars in Sydney today, spare a thought for the people of Moree in northern New South Wales, who are in the midst of a record-breaking heatwave.