Fairfax Media Network

Gulf Country Weather

Current Warnings
 

Gulf Country Forecast

  • Sunday Mostly clear. The chance of a thunderstorm early this evening. Light winds becoming NW/NE 15 to 20 km/h in the evening.

  • Monday Mostly sunny. Medium (40%) chance of showers near the east coast in the late morning and afternoon. Near zero chance of rain elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm in the north in the morning and afternoon. Winds NW/SW 15 to 20 km/h tending SE/SW in the morning then tending NW/SW in the evening.

  • Tuesday Mostly sunny. Medium (40%) chance of showers in the north in the late morning and afternoon. Near zero chance of rain elsewhere. A chance of thunderstorms in the east. Winds NW/SW 15 to 25 km/h tending SE/SW 25 to 35 km/h in the morning then tending NW/SW 15 to 25 km/h in the late evening.

  • Wednesday Partly cloudy. Medium (50%) chance of showers in the east, most likely in the morning and afternoon. Near zero chance of rain elsewhere. A chance of thunderstorms in the east. Winds NW/SW 25 to 35 km/h becoming NW 15 to 25 km/h during the evening.

  • Thursday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the north, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. A chance of thunderstorms. Winds NW 15 to 25 km/h tending NW/SW during the morning then tending SE/SW 20 to 30 km/h during the day.

Issued Sun 16:16 EST

Gulf Country Observations

Latest Observations
Station
Time Wind dir Wind spd Wind gust Tmp Dew pt Feels like RH Fire Rain Pres
km/h km/h °C °C °C % mm hPa
04:40 EST
WNW 9 11 26.0 26.2 26.0 - - 0.2 1008.0
04:40 EST
- 0 0 25.6 22.5 27.0 83 2 0.0 1009.1
04:40 EST
- 0 0 25.6 25.3 27.1 98 1 0.0 1007.8
04:40 EST
WNW 17 17 29.3 26.1 36.3 83 3 0.0 1008.2
04:40 EST
W 7 9 27.5 26.6 32.9 95 1 0.0 1007.9
09:00 EST
- 0   30.6 26.9 40.0 81 2 0 1009.6
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Cyclone Debbie forces evacuations in north Queensland communities ahead of tidal surge

01:50 EDT

Evacuations have been ordered in coastal towns and communities in the Whitsundays and Burdekin regions in north Queensland as Tropical Cyclone Debbie bears down, with authorities warning of damaging tidal surges.

Cyclone Debbie strengthens as Queensland braces

10:54 EDT

Tropical Cyclone Debbie continues to strengthen over the Coral Sea as Queensland residents prepare for destructive weather in the days ahead.

Sultry Sunday for Adelaide

10:07 EDT

Hot and humid conditions will affect Adelaide through today and into the early hours of Monday.