you are not logged in | login or join us

Central West Weather

forecast summary district forecast

possible thunderstorm

Wednesday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers south of Longreach, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of thunderstorms. Winds NE/SE 15 to 25 km/h tending S/SE in the late afternoon. Daytime maximum temperatures 35 to 40.

possible thunderstorm

Thursday Partly cloudy. Very high (90%) chance of showers south of Longreach, medium (60%) chance elsewhere. The chance of thunderstorms. Winds NE 15 to 25 km/h becoming light in the middle of the day then becoming E/SE 15 to 20 km/h in the late afternoon.

possible thunderstorm

Friday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers, most likely in the afternoon and evening. The chance of a thunderstorm. Winds NE/SE 15 to 20 km/h becoming NE 15 to 25 km/h during the morning then tending E 25 to 35 km/h during the afternoon.

possible thunderstorm

Saturday Partly cloudy. Slight (30%) chance of a shower in the morning and afternoon. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening. Winds NE 25 to 35 km/h.

Issued Wed 05:00 EST

current warnings most recent warnings

There are no warnings current.

View all current warnings

Central West Weather Forecasts

station
forecast min max chance of rain rain amount frost risk 9am 3pm
wind rh wind rh
°C °C km/h % km/h %
possible thunderstorm Possible thunderstorm
25 36 80% 5-10mm Nil NE 17 46 ENE 7 28
thunderstorms Thunderstorms
24 34 90% 1-5mm Nil NNE 16 51 ENE 11 34
possible thunderstorm Possible thunderstorm
24 37 80% 5-10mm Nil NE 19 47 NNE 7 31
possible thunderstorm Possible thunderstorm
25 37 80% 1-5mm Nil NE 25 41 ENE 10 28
possible thunderstorm Possible thunderstorm
21 34 80% 1-5mm Nil NNE 15 53 E 7 35
possible thunderstorm Possible thunderstorm
25 38 60% 1-5mm Nil NE 22 41 E 12 26

Site search


Enter a postcode or town name for local weather, or text to search the site. » advanced search

NSW Government enforces contingency plan for irrigators

ABC image 09:16 EDT Persistent dry conditions over the past two summers in central west New South Wales have forced the State Government to implement contingency measures for some water users.

Help with Weatherzone