Central Highlands Weather
Central Highlands Forecast
Saturday Hot. Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the south, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm from late this morning. Winds N/NW 15 to 20 km/h becoming light in the morning then becoming NE 15 to 20 km/h in the evening. Daytime maximum temperatures around 40.
Sunday Hot. Partly cloudy. Medium (60%) chance of showers, most likely in the afternoon and evening. The chance of a thunderstorm. Winds N/NE 15 to 20 km/h tending E/NE in the late evening.
Monday Hot. Mostly sunny morning. Medium (50%) chance of showers in the afternoon and evening. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening. Winds E/NE 15 to 20 km/h tending N/NE during the morning.
Tuesday Mostly sunny. High (70%) chance of rain about the Carnarvon Ranges, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening. Winds N/NE 15 to 25 km/h.
Central Highlands Weather Forecasts
||Forecast||Min||Max||Chance of rain||Rain amount||Frost risk||9am||3pm|
||23||34||50%||5-10mm||Nil||N 15||58||E 11||32|
||23||35||50%||1-5mm||Nil||NNE 14||62||SE 11||33|
||20||38||50%||< 1mm||Nil||NNE 12||55||ESE 15||23|
Thunderstorms have flared up again over Queensland, with stormy skies likely to be a daily occurrence over the next week.
Fresh haystacks are exploding into flames across Victoria and South Australia and experts are warning it could be the start of a disastrous season.
One of Australia's most renowned pipe and drum bands will end an ambitious tour this weekend with a renewed understanding of how rural Queenslanders are dealing with drought.