Fairfax Media Network

NW Pastoral Weather

Current Warnings

NW Pastoral Forecast

  • Friday Partly cloudy. Slight (20%) chance of rain in the far west, near zero chance elsewhere. Light winds.

  • Saturday Partly cloudy. The chance of morning fog in the far west. Slight (30%) chance of rain west of Coober Pedy grading to a high chance near the western border. Light winds becoming SE/SW 15 to 25 km/h in the early afternoon then becoming light in the late evening.

  • Sunday Cloudy. Medium (60%) chance of rain west of Coober Pedy, increasing to a high (80%) chance in the far west. Slight (20%) chance elsewhere. Patchy morning fog south of Coober Pedy. Light winds becoming E/SE 15 to 20 km/h in the morning.

  • Monday Cloudy. Medium (60%) chance of rain, increasing to a High (80%) chance west of Coober Pedy. Winds E/SE 15 to 20 km/h tending E/NE during the morning then becoming light during the evening.

  • Tuesday Cloudy. Medium (40%) chance of showers. Light winds becoming E/SE 15 to 20 km/h during the morning then tending SE/SW during the evening.

Issued Fri 16:25 CST

NW Pastoral Weather Forecasts

Forecast Min Max Chance of rain Rain amount Frost risk 9am 3pm
Wind RH Wind RH
°C °C km/h % km/h %
Mostly cloudy
8 19 60% < 1mm Nil - - - -
11 19 90% 5-10mm Nil S 15 73 S 13 53
7 20 80% 1-5mm Nil ESE 11 59 ESE 15 39
Mostly sunny
11 16 50% - Nil - - - -
Mostly cloudy
5 19 60% < 1mm Slight SSW 9 88 SSW 16 48
Rain developing
5 19 80% 1-5mm Slight S 7 88 S 12 49
Mostly sunny
8 18 50% < 1mm Nil SSW 14 87 - -
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Dry season in Western Australia forces Wheatbelt farmers to sell off sheep

18:30 EST

The lack of winter rain over much of Western Australia has left many crops to wither and pasture to dry out, with Wheatbelt farmers in particular being forced to sell their sheep.

Late start to winter in Tasmania

12:06 EST

Winter has finally arrived in Tasmania this week after dry and record-breaking warm start to June in Hobart.

Rain drenches Perth but fails to bring many desperate WA farmers relief

16:51 EST

A cold front over the southern half of Western Australia has dumped more than 60 millimetres of rain on Perth, and has given some struggling farmers a boost, but has failed to reach all agricultural areas desperate for a drenching.