Fairfax Media Network

Robinson Weather


Albany Forecast

Today 22°C
Tonight 12°C
possible_thunderstorm

Now

17.6°C rising
Updated at 09:50 WST

Southern Coastal for Friday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the west, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm during the morning and afternoon. Winds N 20 to 25 km/h tending NW 15 to 25 km/h in the middle of the day then becoming light in the late afternoon. Daytime maximum temperatures in the low 20s.

Currently at Albany Airport

24-hour graph
Temperature 17.6°C rising
Dew Point 10.3°C falling
Feels Like 17.6°C
Relative Humidity 62%
Wind icon
NNW 16km/h falling
Wind Gusts 24km/h
Pressure 1014.1hPa falling
Fire Danger 3.9
Rain since 9am/last hr 0.0mm / -

Sun on Fri

more
Sunrise sunrise
06:34 WST
Sunset sunset
17:47 WST

Nearby Now

Rocky Gully 15.8°C
North Walpole 17.5°C
Shannon 15.0°C
Katanning 14.3°C

Fire Danger Rating

MODERATE

Next 12 hours in Albany

48-hour forecast

12pm

Chance shower
21°C

3pm

Chance shower or storm
22°C

6pm

Slight chance shower
17°C

9pm

Fog
16°C

Southern Coastal Weather Warnings

view all
WA - Fri 04:00 WST
Strong Wind Warning for Esperance Coast and Eucla Coast. Cancelled for Albany Coast

Western Australia Weather Update

This video is updated each morning and afternoon.

Albany 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Fri
Aug 28
Sat
Aug 29
Sun
Aug 30
Mon
Aug 31
Tue
Sep 1
Wed
Sep 2
Thu
Sep 3

Possible thunderstorm

Possible thunderstorm

Showers easing

Possible thunderstorm

Clearing shower

Mostly sunny

Late shower
Maximum 22°C 20°C 16°C 14°C 14°C 18°C 20°C
Minimum 12°C 12°C 10°C 9°C 8°C 7°C 8°C
Chance of Rain 80% 80% 60% 80% 30% 30% 40%
Rain Amount 1-5mm 1-5mm 1-5mm 1-5mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm
UV Index Moderate Moderate Moderate Moderate Moderate
Frost Risk Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 18
km/h
13
km/h
16
km/h
24
km/h
24
km/h
27
km/h
21
km/h
27
km/h
14
km/h
14
km/h
8
km/h
10
km/h
12
km/h
9
km/h
Wind Direction NNW 18km/h
NNW
WNW 13km/h
WNW
NNW 16km/h
NNW
NNW 24km/h
NNW
W 24km/h
W
W 27km/h
W
W 21km/h
W
WSW 27km/h
WSW
SSW 14km/h
SSW
S 14km/h
S
ENE 8km/h
ENE
ENE 10km/h
ENE
N 12km/h
N
N 9km/h
N
Relative Humidity 63% 58% 77% 63% 73% 51% 75% 64% 74% 56% 72% 48% 71% 46%
Dew Point 9°C 13°C 12°C 13°C 8°C 6°C 8°C 7°C 7°C 6°C 8°C 7°C 8°C 8°C

Albany Sun & Moon Times

Friday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon rise moon set Full moon Last quarter New moon First quarter
first light
06:09 WST
sunrise
06:34 WST
sunset
17:47 WST
last light
18:12 WST
moon
rise
Fri 16:12 WST
set
Sat 05:48 WST
moon
Sun
Aug 30
moon
Sat
Sep 5
moon
Sun
Sep 13
moon
Mon
Sep 21

Albany Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Fri
Aug 28
12°C - 0.0mm
Thu
Aug 27
8.6°C 22°C 0.0mm
Wed
Aug 26
6.5°C 19.0°C 0.0mm
Tue
Aug 25
6.0°C 18.1°C 1.2mm
Mon
Aug 24
9.7°C 15.8°C 2.0mm

Albany Year To Date

Average Rainfall To Aug
677.5mm
121.1 Day(s)
Total For 2015
408.1mm
109 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2014
372.7mm
92 Day(s)
Wettest Day
29.4mm
Apr 12
Lowest Temperature
5.0°C
Jun 24
Highest Temperature
37.5°C
Mar 13

Albany Almanac

full climatology
August Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
6.0°C
25th
Lowest On Record
1.6°C
26th 1943
Average This Month
9.7°C
+1.2°C
Long-term Average
8.5°C
August Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
24.5°C
15th
Highest On Record
27.3°C
29th 2006
Average This Month
16.9°C
+0.3°C
Long-term Average
16.6°C
August Rainfall
Wettest This Month
21.2mm
9th
Total This Month
92.0mm
20 Day(s)
Long-term Average
124.7mm
21.0 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
267.6mm
1992
Driest On Record
34.0mm
1987
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

NSW weather: Residents return to south coast homes to assess damage; Warragamba continues to spill

11:19 EST

Residents are returning to their properties on the New South Wales south coast, with the threat to life and property now passed following days of heavy downpours that led to significant flooding.

PNG prime minister Peter O'Neill may review Australian food import ban amid drought

11:15 EST

Papua New Guinea's prime minister Peter O'Neill says he may review a recent ban on importing Australian fruit and vegetables into the country.

Frog in the pond: Removing frogs from tropical toilets is dry season's 'philosophical dilemma'

10:44 EST

Every year, as clouds disappear from the sky and front lawns turn brown, tropical frogs seek solace in a cool and wet place.