Fairfax Media Network

Portarlington Weather


Avalon Forecast

This morning 17°C
Today 24°C
clearing_shower

Now

21.0°C falling
Updated at 01:50 EDT

Central for Monday Cloudy. Medium (60%) chance of showers, most likely later this evening. The chance of a thunderstorm about the ranges later this evening. Winds NW/SW 15 to 25 km/h tending NW/NE in the late evening.
Tuesday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the east during the morning, slight (30%) chance elsewhere then a dry afternoon. Winds W/NW 20 to 30 km/h turning S/SW 25 to 35 km/h during the morning.

Currently at Avalon Ap

24-hour graph
Temperature 21.0°C falling
Dew Point 19.1°C falling
Feels Like 21.0°C
Relative Humidity 89%
Wind icon
N 12km/h steady
Wind Gusts 15km/h
Pressure 1002.8hPa rising
Fire Danger 1.6
Rain since 9am/last hr 0.2mm / -

Sun on Tue

more
Sunrise sunrise
06:26 EDT
Sunset sunset
20:42 EDT

Nearby Now

Laverton 22.2°C
Frankston 22.0°C
Moorabbin Ap 23.2°C

Fire Danger Rating

HIGH

Next 12 hours in Avalon

48-hour forecast

3am

Slight chance shower
21°C

6am

Mostly cloudy
18°C

9am

Mostly cloudy
19°C

12pm

Mostly cloudy
22°C

Central Weather Warnings

view all
Vic - Mon 22:23 EDT
Coastal Wind Warning for VIC

National Forecast

Avalon 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Tue
Jan 24
Wed
Jan 25
Thu
Jan 26
Fri
Jan 27
Sat
Jan 28
Sun
Jan 29
Mon
Jan 30

Clearing shower

Sunny

Mostly sunny

Increasing sunshine

Sunny

Sunny

Late shower
Maximum 24°C 24°C 25°C 27°C 29°C 28°C 36°C
Minimum 17°C 12°C 12°C 13°C 14°C 13°C 16°C
Chance of Rain 10% 5% 20% 5% 20% 5% 40%
Rain Amount < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm
UV Index Extreme Extreme Extreme Extreme
Frost Risk Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 28
km/h
32
km/h
12
km/h
26
km/h
14
km/h
24
km/h
7
km/h
20
km/h
16
km/h
30
km/h
17
km/h
27
km/h
13
km/h
24
km/h
Wind Direction WSW 28km/h
WSW
SSW 32km/h
SSW
SSW 12km/h
SSW
S 26km/h
S
WSW 14km/h
WSW
S 24km/h
S
SE 7km/h
SE
SSE 20km/h
SSE
WNW 16km/h
WNW
SW 30km/h
SW
SSE 17km/h
SSE
SSE 27km/h
SSE
NNE 13km/h
NNE
WNW 24km/h
WNW
Relative Humidity 65% 47% 65% 42% 74% 49% 77% 43% 57% 41% 66% 41% 53% 25%
Dew Point 13°C 12°C 11°C 10°C 13°C 14°C 14°C 13°C 14°C 14°C 12°C 14°C 15°C 14°C

Avalon Sun & Moon Times

Tuesday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon rise moon set New moon First quarter Full moon Last quarter
first light
05:56 EDT
sunrise
06:26 EDT
sunset
20:42 EDT
last light
21:12 EDT
moon
rise
Tue 03:09 EDT
set
Wed 18:22 EDT
moon
Sat
Jan 28
moon
Sat
Feb 4
moon
Sat
Feb 11
moon
Sun
Feb 19

Avalon Ap Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Mon
Jan 23
17.7°C 40°C 0.0mm
Sun
Jan 22
11.3°C 27.9°C 0.0mm
Sat
Jan 21
13.4°C 23.3°C 0.0mm
Fri
Jan 20
15.1°C 22.7°C 24.6mm
Thu
Jan 19
12.2°C 24.3°C 0.0mm

Avalon Ap Year To Date

Average Rainfall To Jan
25.3mm
4.4 Day(s)
Total For 2017
36.0mm
6 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2016
14.6mm
7 Day(s)
Wettest Day
24.6mm
Jan 20
Lowest Temperature
10.3°C
Jan 12
Highest Temperature
40.0°C
Jan 23

Avalon Ap Almanac

full climatology
January Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
10.3°C
12th
Lowest On Record
4.5°C
3rd 2009
Average This Month
15.1°C
+1.1°C
Long-term Average
14.0°C
January Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
40.0°C
23rd
Highest On Record
46.3°C
17th 2014
Average This Month
27.7°C
+1.4°C
Long-term Average
26.3°C
January Rainfall
Wettest This Month
24.6mm
20th
Total This Month
36.0mm
6 Day(s)
Long-term Average
25.3mm
4.4 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
124.4mm
2011
Driest On Record
0.0mm
1977
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

NT weather: Bureau predicts week of wet weather across state

20:15 EDT

Territorians should brace themselves for a very wet week, with rainfalls of up to 300 millimetres expected in some areas.

Stormy start to the week

16:25 EDT

Severe thunderstorms are affecting three states this afternoon.

Trans-Tasman temperature contrast

15:28 EDT

New Zealand is experiencing an unseasonably cool summer, whilst parts of eastern Australia endure their hottest start to the year on record.