Fairfax Media Network

Sydney Weather

NSW/ACT
Wed 16:05 EST
Current Warnings
 

Sydney Forecast

  • Wednesday Cloudy. High (80%) chance of rain later this evening. The chance of a thunderstorm later tonight. Winds NE 15 to 20 km/h turning N 15 to 25 km/h in the evening. Mostly sunny. Slight (20%) chance of a shower. Winds W 15 to 25 km/h turning SW 15 to 20 km/h during the morning.

  • Thursday Cloudy. Very high (90%) chance of rain, most likely in the early morning. The chance of a thunderstorm in the early morning. Light winds becoming W/NW 15 to 20 km/h in the morning then turning SW 25 to 35 km/h in the middle of the day.

  • Friday Cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers along the coastal fringe, medium (40%) chance elsewhere. Winds S/SW 25 to 35 km/h tending S/SE 15 to 20 km/h in the middle of the day then becoming light in the late afternoon.

  • Saturday Partly cloudy. Slight (20%) chance of a shower from the afternoon. Light winds becoming S/SE 15 to 20 km/h during the afternoon then becoming light during the evening.

  • Sunday Cloudy. Medium (50%) chance of showers. Light winds becoming E/NE 15 to 20 km/h during the day then tending N/NE during the evening.

Issued Wed 16:20 EST

Sydney Weather Forecasts

Station
Forecast Min Max Chance of rain Rain amount Frost risk 9am 3pm
Wind RH Wind RH
°C °C km/h % km/h %
Rain
7 19 90% 1-5mm Nil W 15 79 WSW 25 50
Rain
8 19 90% 1-5mm Nil W 16 76 WSW 29 43
Rain
6 20 90% 1-5mm Nil W 15 76 WSW 25 50
Rain
7 19 90% 1-5mm Nil W 11 83 WSW 22 49
Rain
8 20 90% 5-10mm Nil WNW 16 75 WSW 28 47
Rain
8 20 90% 5-10mm Nil WNW 14 81 WSW 26 49
Rain
8 19 90% 5-10mm Nil WNW 14 81 WSW 24 52
Rain
12 20 90% 5-10mm Nil WNW 18 70 WSW 30 50
Rain
8 19 90% 5-10mm Nil W 15 78 WSW 26 53
Rain
8 19 90% 5-10mm Nil WNW 21 73 WSW 35 55
Rain
9 19 90% 5-10mm Nil WNW 16 77 WSW 26 53
Rain
8 20 70% 1-5mm Nil NW 8 86 W 22 43
Rain
8 20 90% 5-10mm Nil W 15 74 WSW 25 50
Rain
7 20 90% 1-5mm Nil NNW 11 85 W 25 45
Rain
12 20 90% 5-10mm Nil WNW 22 67 WSW 36 47
Rain
10 18 90% 5-10mm Nil WNW 15 77 W 23 53
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Canberra experiences wettest winter in 10 years, coldest nights since 1997

15:52 EST

Canberra has shivered its way through the most cold nights since 1997 and its wettest winter since 2005.

Another ECL for NSW

15:36 EST

It's the weather phrase that makes the coastal dwellers of New South Wales shudder - East Coast Low.

Canberra's cold start to spring

13:35 EST

For most people, spring brings the hope of warm weather.