Fairfax Media Network

Snowy Mountains Weather

NSW/ACT
Mon 21:34 EST
Current Warnings
 

Snowy Mountains Forecast

  • Monday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the west, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Snow falling above 800 metres. Winds NW 40 to 60 km/h.

  • Tuesday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers about the ranges, slight (30%) chance elsewhere, falling as snow above 800 metres. Winds W 40 to 60 km/h turning NW 40 to 55 km/h in the evening.

  • Wednesday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers about the alpine peaks, medium (40%) chance elsewhere. Snow falling above 900 metres. Winds W/NW 35 to 55 km/h increasing to 60 km/h before tending W/SW 30 to 45 km/h during the morning.

  • Thursday Partly cloudy. Areas of morning frost in the north. Medium (50%) chance of showers about the ranges, near zero chance elsewhere. Snow possible above 1400 metres. Winds W 20 to 30 km/h.

  • Friday Cloudy. Medium (50%) chance of showers in the west, near zero chance elsewhere. Snow possible above 1600 metres. Winds W 15 to 25 km/h becoming light during the evening.

Issued Mon 16:30 EST

Snowy Mountains Weather Forecasts

Station
Forecast Min Max Chance of rain Rain amount Frost risk 9am 3pm
Wind RH Wind RH
°C °C km/h % km/h %
Mostly sunny
0 9 40% < 1mm High WNW 25 67 WNW 24 51
Snow
-3 -1 90% 10-20mm Severe WNW 25 95 NW 22 95
Windy with snow
-7 -4 90% 10-20mm Severe - - - -
Possible shower
-2 9 40% < 1mm Severe WNW 26 70 WNW 27 50
Snow
-5 -1 90% 10-20mm Severe - - - -
Snow
-6 -4 90% 10-20mm Severe NW 40 94 NW 39 96
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Adelaide weather: Houses damaged by wild winds, Seaford train services cancelled

21:31 EST

High winds described by the State Emergency Service as a "storm cell" have ripped through Somerton Park in Adelaide, damaging roofs and bringing down trees.

Melbourne cold front brings rain, high winds, Bureau of Meteorology says

19:56 EST

A "fairly active" cold front has caused problems on the road during Melbourne's evening peak hour, as high winds and rain hit the city.

Rare 'morning glory' roll cloud sighting in outback Queensland

18:26 EST

A rare cloud formation, often called the morning glory, has rolled across outback Queensland delighting locals.