Fairfax Media Network

Southwest Slopes Weather

Current Warnings
 

Southwest Slopes Forecast

  • Saturday Partly cloudy. Slight (30%) chance of a shower near the Victorian border, most likely later tonight. Near zero chance of rain elsewhere. Light winds.

  • Sunday Partly cloudy. Areas of fog in the early morning. High (70%) chance of showers near the Victorian border, slight (30%) chance elsewhere, falling as snow at times above 1700 metres. Winds N/NW 15 to 20 km/h tending W/NW in the middle of the day then becoming light in the late afternoon.

  • Monday Cloudy. Areas of fog in the early morning. Very high (95%) chance of rain, falling as snow at times above 1400 metres. Light winds becoming N/NW 15 to 25 km/h in the morning.

  • Tuesday Cloudy. Very high (90%) chance of showers, most likely in the morning and afternoon. Snow falling above 800 metres. Winds W/NW 15 to 20 km/h turning SW 20 to 30 km/h during the morning.

  • Wednesday Partly cloudy. Patches of morning frost about the ranges. Medium (60%) chance of showers, most likely in the afternoon. Snow possible above 1000 metres. Winds SW 20 to 30 km/h.

Issued Sat 16:30 EST

Southwest Slopes Observations

Latest Observations
Station
Time Wind dir Wind spd Wind gust Tmp Dew pt Feels like RH Fire Rain Pres
km/h km/h °C °C °C % mm hPa
09:00 EST
W 4   8.0 5.8 8.0 86 1 0 -
09:00 EST
- 0   8.5 6.8 8.5 89 1 0 -
21:20 EST
- 0 0 6.9 6.8 6.9 99 1 0.0 1020.3
09:00 EST
- 0   6.0 4.9 6.0 93 1 2 -
21:20 EST
S 6 7 4.4 4.3 3.0 99 1 0.0 1020.1
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

NSW's Riverina sees a wet and warm month

15:00 EST

For the Riverina area, July turned out to be consistently wet and warm.

Workers stem flow of water into flooded Myer redevelopment site in Hobart

12:04 EST

Builders at the flooded Myer redevelopment site in Hobart have been able to stop water flowing into retailer's Liverpool Street store.

NSW foggy facade

11:53 EST

Parts of New South Wales woke to a blanket of low cloud and fog this morning, reducing visibility dramatically.