Fairfax Media Network

Southern Tablelands Weather

Current Warnings

Southern Tablelands Forecast

  • Thursday Partly cloudy. Winds NW 25 to 35 km/h.

  • Friday Partly cloudy. Winds W/NW 25 to 40 km/h becoming light in the morning then becoming NW 15 to 20 km/h in the late evening.

  • Saturday Cloudy. High (70%) chance of rain in the northwest, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Winds NW 25 to 35 km/h increasing to 35 to 55 km/h in the middle of the day then tending W/NW 25 to 40 km/h in the late afternoon.

  • Sunday Cloudy. Medium (50%) chance of rain, most likely in the morning and afternoon. Winds NW 20 to 30 km/h increasing to 35 to 50 km/h from the late morning, then becoming W and easing to 20 to 30 km/h from the late afternoon.

  • Monday Partly cloudy. Slight (30%) chance of a shower in the afternoon and evening. Winds W 15 to 25 km/h increasing to 25 to 40 km/h during the morning then becoming light during the evening.

Issued Thu 16:30 EST

Southern Tablelands Weather Forecasts

Forecast Min Max Chance of rain Rain amount Frost risk 9am 3pm
Wind RH Wind RH
°C °C km/h % km/h %
Mostly cloudy
2 13 50% < 1mm Moderate NNW 14 84 WNW 24 57
4 12 90% 5-10mm Slight WNW 16 79 NW 18 77
Windy with showers
3 14 80% 1-5mm Moderate NW 22 73 WNW 34 56
3 14 60% 1-5mm Moderate NW 18 70 WNW 23 62
Windy with showers
2 14 80% 1-5mm Moderate WNW 21 68 W 24 60
3 14 90% 5-10mm Moderate NW 22 70 WNW 22 67
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Storm warning for parts of southern WA extended to Perth metropolitan area

18:51 EST

An unusual weather pattern is bringing storms to parts of southern Western Australia, with residents in the Central West, Lower West, Great Southern and Central Wheatbelt districts told to brace for damaging winds and possible flash flooding.

Winter winds bring a chill to Melbourne

16:43 EST

While northern parts of the country have experienced unseasonably warm temperatures, winter is business as usual in the south.

Grantham flood inquiry: Former quarry owner says western embankment natural, not manmade

16:15 EST

The former owner of the Grantham quarry that allegedly contributed to the fatal 2011 flood has said the western embankment beside the quarry was a natural landmark and not manmade.