Fairfax Media Network

Snowy Mountains Weather

Current Warnings
 

Snowy Mountains Forecast

  • Tuesday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of rain about the alpine peaks this evening, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm. Winds N/NW 15 to 25 km/h.

  • Wednesday Partly cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers, most likely in the morning. Snow falling above 1700 metres. Winds NW 15 to 25 km/h turning W/SW 25 to 35 km/h during the morning. Sun protection not recommended, UV Index predicted to reach 2 [Low].

  • Thursday Mostly sunny. Areas of fog in the north in the early morning. Areas of frost in the morning, mainly in the north. Slight (20%) chance of a snow shower about the alpine peaks, near zero chance elsewhere. Snow possible above 1900 metres. Winds SW 20 to 30 km/h tending W 15 to 20 km/h in the morning then becoming light in the evening.

  • Friday Partly cloudy. Areas of fog and frost in the morning. Slight (20%) chance of a shower about the ranges, near zero chance elsewhere. Snow possible above 1900 metres. Winds W/NW 15 to 20 km/h becoming light during the morning.

  • Saturday Partly cloudy. Areas of morning fog. Areas of morning frost. Slight (20%) chance of a shower about the ranges, near zero chance elsewhere. Snow possible above 1900 metres. Winds NW 15 to 25 km/h.

Issued Tue 16:30 EST

Snowy Mountains Observations

Latest Observations
Station
Time Wind dir Wind spd Wind gust Tmp Dew pt Feels like RH Fire Rain Pres
km/h km/h °C °C °C % mm hPa
03:00 EST
NNW 19 20 7.5 6.9 4.3 96 1 0.0 -
03:00 EST
NNW 22 31 6.4 6.3 2.6 99 1 2.4 -
15:00 EST
NE 6   17.2 8.4 17.2 56 4 0 -
03:00 EST
NE 9 9 7.3 6.4 5.6 94 1 0.2 1014.1
03:00 EST
WSW 11 28 2.5 1.2 -0.6 91 1 12.8 -
03:00 EST
WNW 22 24 0.7 -0.4 -4.6 92 1 13.0 1015.5
15:00 EST
- 0   10.0 1.1 10.0 54 3 0 -
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Perth finally sees string of wet days

16:21 EST

Perth has received more rain during the last four days than the last two and a half months combined.

Foggy starts as winter looms

15:46 EST

Fog is a sure sign that winter is on the way and there was plenty of it across the country this morning.

AuctionsPlus Queensland sheep listings double, due to low rainfall and rising prices

12:16 EST

The number of Queensland sheep offered in online sales has doubled week-on-week this fortnight, as producers respond to dry times and a stronger market.