Fairfax Media Network

Korumburra South Weather


38.46°S 145.82°E 231m AMSL

Wonthaggi Forecast

This morning 11°C
Today 19°C
showers

Now

11.7°C rising
Updated at 03:10 EST

W & S Gippsland for Thursday Cloudy. Medium (40%) chance of showers in the west, slight (20%) chance elsewhere. Winds W/SW 15 to 20 km/h becoming light in the evening.
Friday Cloudy. High (70%) chance of light showers in the west, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Winds NW 15 to 25 km/h turning W 20 to 30 km/h in the morning.

Currently at Pound Creek

24-hour graph
Temperature 11.7°C rising
Dew Point 10.4°C rising
Feels Like 10.2°C
Relative Humidity 92%
Wind icon
NW 12km/h steady
Wind Gusts 17km/h
Pressure -
Fire Danger 1.0
Rain since 9am/last hr 0.6mm / -

Sun on Fri

more
Sunrise sunrise
06:56 EST
Sunset sunset
17:33 EST

Nearby Now

Rhyll 12.7°C
Cerberus 11.9°C

Fire Danger Rating

MODERATE

Next 12 hours in Wonthaggi

48-hour forecast

6am

Slight chance shower
12°C

9am

Intermittent rain
13°C

12pm

Chance shower
16°C

3pm

Slight chance shower
19°C

W & S Gippsland Weather Warnings

view all
Vic - Thu 22:00 EST
Strong Wind Warning the Following Areas: Central Coast, Central Gippsland Coast & E Gippsland Coast Cancel for the Following Area: W Coast

National Forecast

Wonthaggi 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Fri
Apr 28
Sat
Apr 29
Sun
Apr 30
Mon
May 1
Tue
May 2
Wed
May 3
Thu
May 4

Showers

Showers

Cloudy

Possible shower

Possible shower

Clearing shower

Mostly sunny
Maximum 19°C 18°C 18°C 19°C 15°C 16°C 17°C
Minimum 11°C 12°C 10°C 11°C 8°C 7°C 7°C
Chance of Rain 80% 80% 30% 80% 80% 50% 30%
Rain Amount 1-5mm < 1mm < 1mm 5-10mm 1-5mm 1-5mm < 1mm
UV Index Moderate Moderate Moderate Moderate Moderate
Frost Risk Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 19
km/h
23
km/h
20
km/h
19
km/h
5
km/h
10
km/h
21
km/h
21
km/h
15
km/h
22
km/h
13
km/h
16
km/h
6
km/h
10
km/h
Wind Direction WNW 19km/h
WNW
WNW 23km/h
WNW
W 20km/h
W
WSW 19km/h
WSW
NNW 5km/h
NNW
NW 10km/h
NW
NNW 21km/h
NNW
NW 21km/h
NW
SW 15km/h
SW
WSW 22km/h
WSW
S 13km/h
S
SSW 16km/h
SSW
S 6km/h
S
SW 10km/h
SW
Relative Humidity 90% 78% 85% 70% 80% 63% 77% 65% 71% 60% 69% 57% 70% 60%
Dew Point 12°C 15°C 12°C 12°C 9°C 11°C 11°C 12°C 5°C 7°C 4°C 7°C 5°C 9°C

Wonthaggi Sun & Moon Times

Friday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon rise moon set First quarter Full moon Last quarter New moon
first light
06:29 EST
sunrise
06:56 EST
sunset
17:33 EST
last light
18:01 EST
moon
rise
Fri 08:31 EST
set
Fri 19:13 EST
moon
Wed
May 3
moon
Thu
May 11
moon
Fri
May 19
moon
Fri
May 26

Pound Creek Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Thu
Apr 27
7.9°C 15°C 2.4mm
Wed
Apr 26
8.4°C 15.2°C 12.4mm
Tue
Apr 25
14.4°C 17.4°C 33.2mm
Mon
Apr 24
11.6°C 22.2°C 0.2mm
Sun
Apr 23
12.6°C 20.5°C 0.0mm

Wonthaggi Year To Date

Average Rainfall To Apr
232.1mm
35.9 Day(s)
Total For 2017
255.0mm
44 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2016
162.0mm
51 Day(s)
Wettest Day
44.6mm
Feb 6
Lowest Temperature
5.9°C
Apr 3
Highest Temperature
37.1°C
Jan 23

Wonthaggi Almanac

full climatology
April Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
5.9°C
3rd
Lowest On Record
0.5°C
29th 1986
Average This Month
11.2°C
+0.8°C
Long-term Average
10.4°C
April Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
28.0°C
8th
Highest On Record
32.8°C
10th 2005
Average This Month
21.1°C
+1.4°C
Long-term Average
19.7°C
April Rainfall
Wettest This Month
40.6mm
25th
Total This Month
87.0mm
13 Day(s)
Long-term Average
78.5mm
12.1 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
224.9mm
1935
Driest On Record
1.0mm
1923
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Late-season cyclone potential

16:30 EST

A tropical cyclone may form in Australian waters during the next 24 hours, although the system will have little impact on our mainland.

Wintry chill grips six states and territories

14:58 EST

Parts of eastern and southeast Australia experienced their coldest temperatures in at least six months this morning.

Hobart heritage buildings not built to withstand Tasmania's toughest wind speeds

11:20 EST

Tasmania's heritage buildings are taking a battering from gusty winds they were not designed to withstand.