Fairfax Media Network

Culloden Weather


Mt Moornapa Forecast

Today 25°C
Tonight 8°C
mostly_sunny

Now

14.8°C rising
Updated at 16:50 EDT

W & S Gippsland for Thursday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the west, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Winds W 30 to 45 km/h decreasing to 25 to 35 km/h in the late evening.

Currently at Mt Moornapa

24-hour graph
Temperature 14.8°C rising
Dew Point 14.8°C rising
Feels Like 14.5°C
Relative Humidity 100%
Wind icon
NW 9km/h falling
Wind Gusts 15km/h
Pressure -
Fire Danger 0.8
Rain since 9am/last hr 7.4mm / -

Sun on Thu

more
Sunrise sunrise
05:43 EDT
Sunset sunset
20:24 EDT

Nearby Now

Sale Ap 19.2°C
Bairnsdale Ap 14.6°C
Latrobe Valley Ap 20.7°C

Next 12 hours in Sale

48-hour forecast

6pm

Mostly clear
21°C

9pm

Mostly clear
16°C

12am

Chance shower
14°C

3am

Mostly cloudy
12°C

W & S Gippsland Weather Warnings

view all
Vic - Thu 16:56 EDT
Severe Weather Warning (Damaging Winds) for the Central, East Gippsland, South West, North East and West and South Gippsland

Vic - Thu 16:40 EDT
Coastal Wind Warning for VIC

National Forecast

Mt Moornapa 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Thu
Dec 8
Fri
Dec 9
Sat
Dec 10
Sun
Dec 11
Mon
Dec 12
Tue
Dec 13
Wed
Dec 14

Mostly sunny

Clearing shower

Cloudy

Mostly sunny

Mostly sunny

Mostly sunny

Late shower
Maximum 25°C 15°C 20°C 20°C 27°C 32°C 24°C
Minimum 12°C 8°C 7°C 9°C 8°C 15°C 17°C
Chance of Rain 90% 50% 10% 5% 10% 50% 50%
Rain Amount 1-5mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm 1-5mm 5-10mm
UV Index Extreme Extreme Extreme Extreme Extreme
Frost Risk Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 16
km/h
19
km/h
21
km/h
21
km/h
7
km/h
9
km/h
4
km/h
9
km/h
3
km/h
4
km/h
15
km/h
18
km/h
11
km/h
14
km/h
Wind Direction N 16km/h
N
NW 19km/h
NW
WSW 21km/h
WSW
WSW 21km/h
WSW
W 7km/h
W
SW 9km/h
SW
SW 4km/h
SW
SSE 9km/h
SSE
NNE 3km/h
NNE
SSW 4km/h
SSW
NNW 15km/h
NNW
NW 18km/h
NW
W 11km/h
W
WSW 14km/h
WSW
Relative Humidity 45% 59% 67% 51% 63% 49% 70% 51% 67% 37% 40% 31% 59% 54%
Dew Point 10°C 13°C 4°C 4°C 7°C 9°C 9°C 10°C 11°C 11°C 12°C 14°C 13°C 14°C

Mt Moornapa Sun & Moon Times

Friday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon set moon rise Full moon Last quarter New moon First quarter
first light
05:12 EDT
sunrise
05:43 EDT
sunset
20:25 EDT
last light
20:56 EDT
moon
set
Fri 02:17 EDT
rise
Fri 14:46 EDT
moon
Wed
Dec 14
moon
Wed
Dec 21
moon
Thu
Dec 29
moon
Fri
Jan 6

Mt Moornapa Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Thu
Dec 8
12.3°C 28°C 0.2mm
Wed
Dec 7
8.3°C 23.3°C 0.0mm
Tue
Dec 6
11.0°C 17.3°C 0.8mm
Mon
Dec 5
16.1°C 18.2°C 0.0mm
Sun
Dec 4
11.0°C 29.9°C 0.0mm

Mt Moornapa Year To Date

Average Rainfall To Dec
881.7mm
145.2 Day(s)
Total For 2016
1044.0mm
153 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2015
874.2mm
159 Day(s)
Wettest Day
97.2mm
Jul 7
Lowest Temperature
1.2°C
Jun 25
Highest Temperature
40.2°C
Jan 13

Mt Moornapa Almanac

full climatology
December Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
8.3°C
7th
Lowest On Record
2.7°C
27th 1996
Average This Month
11.5°C
+0.3°C
Long-term Average
11.2°C
December Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
29.9°C
4th
Highest On Record
38.5°C
12th 1998
Average This Month
22.8°C
-0.1°C
Long-term Average
22.9°C
December Rainfall
Wettest This Month
0.8mm
6th
Total This Month
1.8mm
4 Day(s)
Long-term Average
67.0mm
10.9 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
218.6mm
2014
Driest On Record
2.2mm
2006
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Eastern storms and southern shivers

16:00 EDT

Thunderstorms are on the move through New South Wales and southern Queensland once again today, while southern states shiver.

Summer scorcher looms for two thirds of Australians

14:12 EDT

The most widespread heat in five years could grip parts of southern and eastern Australia next week.

Turbulent Thursday in Vic, Tas, SA

15:52 EDT

Parts of Victoria, Tasmania and South Australia could be lashed by storms and damaging winds on Thursday as a cold front sweeps across Australia's southeast.