Fairfax Media Network

Sheffield Weather


41.38°S 146.32°E 279m AMSL

Sheffield Forecast

This morning 6°C
Today 13°C
mostly_cloudy

Now

9.9°C rising
Updated at 00:10 EST

Northwest Coast for Friday Cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the west, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Winds W 15 to 25 km/h.
Saturday Partly cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers in the west, medium (50%) chance elsewhere. Winds W 20 to 30 km/h.

Currently at Devonport Ap

24-hour graph
Temperature 9.9°C rising
Dew Point 8.8°C rising
Feels Like 7.8°C
Relative Humidity 93%
Wind icon
W 14km/h steady
Wind Gusts 17km/h
Pressure 1016.2hPa falling
Fire Danger 1.0
Rain since 9am/last hr 0.0mm / -

Sun on Sat

more
Sunrise sunrise
07:42 EST
Sunset sunset
16:56 EST

Nearby Now

Low Head 12.3°C
Wynyard Ap 5.9°C
Cressy 7.4°C
Launceston 8.2°C

Next 12 hours in Sheffield

48-hour forecast

3am

Slight chance shower
8°C

6am

Mostly cloudy
7°C

9am

Mostly cloudy
7°C

12pm

Mostly cloudy
11°C

Northwest Coast Weather Warnings

view all
Tas - Fri 22:00 EST
Coastal Wind Warning for Tasmanian Waters.

Tasmania Weather Update

This video is updated each morning and afternoon.

Sheffield 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Sat
Jul 2
Sun
Jul 3
Mon
Jul 4
Tue
Jul 5
Wed
Jul 6
Thu
Jul 7
Fri
Jul 8

Mostly cloudy

Possible shower

Possible shower

Clearing shower

Mostly sunny

Late shower

Possible shower
Maximum 13°C 14°C 10°C 11°C 11°C 10°C 11°C
Minimum 6°C 7°C 5°C 4°C 2°C 2°C 0°C
Chance of Rain 70% 90% 80% 30% 30% 40% 50%
Rain Amount < 1mm 1-5mm 5-10mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm
UV Index Low Low Low Low
Frost Risk Nil Nil Slight Slight Moderate Moderate High
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 12
km/h
20
km/h
20
km/h
26
km/h
3
km/h
7
km/h
11
km/h
15
km/h
8
km/h
11
km/h
5
km/h
5
km/h
2
km/h
8
km/h
Wind Direction WNW 12km/h
WNW
WNW 20km/h
WNW
WNW 20km/h
WNW
WNW 26km/h
WNW
WNW 3km/h
WNW
ESE 7km/h
ESE
SSE 11km/h
SSE
SSE 15km/h
SSE
SSW 8km/h
SSW
S 11km/h
S
SSW 5km/h
SSW
S 5km/h
S
SW 2km/h
SW
NW 8km/h
NW
Relative Humidity 89% 71% 87% 76% 92% 81% 84% 70% 83% 62% 82% 65% 85% 70%
Dew Point 6°C 7°C 6°C 9°C 5°C 6°C 2°C 5°C 1°C 4°C 1°C 4°C 1°C 5°C

Sheffield Sun & Moon Times

Saturday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon rise moon set New moon First quarter Full moon Last quarter
first light
07:10 EST
sunrise
07:42 EST
sunset
16:56 EST
last light
17:27 EST
moon
rise
Sat 04:46 EST
set
Sat 15:07 EST
moon
Mon
Jul 4
moon
Tue
Jul 12
moon
Wed
Jul 20
moon
Wed
Jul 27

Sheffield Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Fri
Jul 1
- - 27.0mm
Thu
Jun 30
- - 1.6mm
Wed
Jun 29
- - 0.0mm
Tue
Jun 28
- - 0.2mm
Mon
Jun 27
- - 1.0mm

Sheffield Year To Date

Average Rainfall To Jul
552.4mm
85.6 Day(s)
Total For 2016
815.6mm
65 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2015
379.2mm
75 Day(s)
Wettest Day
215.8mm
Jun 6
Lowest Temperature
-0.4°C
May 25
Highest Temperature
31.5°C
Jan 9

Sheffield Almanac

full climatology
July Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
Lowest On Record
-3.0°C
25th 2002
Average This Month
 
Long-term Average
3.4°C
July Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
Highest On Record
16.0°C
3rd 1999
Average This Month
 
Long-term Average
10.9°C
July Rainfall
Wettest This Month
27.0mm
1st
Total This Month
27.0mm
1 Day(s)
Long-term Average
124.6mm
17.7 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
210.4mm
2009
Driest On Record
44.4mm
2001
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

White winter wonderland

12:31 EST

Some are calling it the best day of the snow season so far, with 15-20cm+ falling over the Australian Alps overnight.

Perth's coldest morning of the year

12:19 EST

It was a teeth-chattering start to July for Australia's westernmost capital city.

Treasured footy plaque lost in Tasmanian floods found washed up 100km drive away

12:07 EST

A plaque thought to have been washed away from a house in Latrobe in the devastating floods has been found 100 kilometres' drive away three weeks after it was lost.