you are not logged in | login or join us

Hillcrest Weather

  RSS

41.06°S 145.90°E 133m AMSL

Burnie Forecast

This morning 13°C
Today 21°C
Possible shower

Now

14.8°C steady
Updated at 06:30 EDT

Northwest Coast for Friday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the west, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Winds SW 35 to 50 km/h decreasing to 25 to 35 km/h in the middle of the day then becoming W/SW and light in the late evening. Daytime maximum temperatures between 16 and 21. High.

Currently at Wynyard Ap

Temperature 14.8°C steady
Dew Point 10.6°C steady
Feels Like 12.8°C
Relative Humidity 76%
Wind icon
WSW 31km/h rising
Wind Gusts 52km/h
Pressure 997.5hPa rising
Fire Danger 3.1
Rain since 9am/last hr 0.0mm / 0.0mm

Sun on Friday

Sunrise sunrise
07:03 EDT
Sunset sunset
19:52 EDT

Nearby Now

Devonport Ap 16.3°C
Sheffield 13.8°C
Luncheon Hill 10.6°C
Smithton Ap 13.6°C

Next 12 hours in Devonport

mostly clear

9am

Mostly clear. Windy
16°C
mostly clear

12pm

Mostly clear. Windy
18°C
clear

3pm

Clear
20°C
clear

6pm

Clear
21°C
powered by Opticast

Northwest Coast Weather Warnings

Tas - Fri 05:02 EDT
Gale Warning for all TAS waters except Strong Wind Warning for Derwent Estuary, Frederick Henry Bay and Norfolk Bay, Channel and Central

Tas - Fri 04:02 EDT
Severe Weather Warning (Damaging Winds) for the North West Coast, Central Plateau, East Coast and South East

Vic - Fri 05:34 EDT
Gale Warning for West Coast, Central Coast, Central Gippsland Coast and East Gippsland Coast, Strong Wind Warningn elsewhere

Tasmania weather update

Tasmania Weather Update

This video is updated each morning and afternoon.

Burnie 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Fri
Mar 6
Sat
Mar 7
Sun
Mar 8
Mon
Mar 9
Tue
Mar 10
Wed
Mar 11
Thu
Mar 12
possible shower
Possible shower
possible shower
Possible shower
possible shower
Possible shower
clearing shower
Clearing shower
mostly sunny
Mostly sunny
possible shower
Possible shower
mostly sunny
Mostly sunny
Maximum 21°C 21°C 21°C 20°C 20°C 20°C 19°C
Minimum 13°C 14°C 13°C 15°C 12°C 13°C 11°C
Chance of Rain 80% 80% 80% 50% 30% 70% 40%
Rain Amount 1-5mm 1-5mm 1-5mm < 1mm < 1mm 1-5mm < 1mm
UV Index High High High High High
Frost Risk Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 39
km/h
28
km/h
27
km/h
29
km/h
12
km/h
23
km/h
24
km/h
27
km/h
7
km/h
16
km/h
16
km/h
29
km/h
27
km/h
31
km/h
Wind Direction WSW 39km/h
WSW
SW 28km/h
SW
W 27km/h
W
W 29km/h
W
WSW 12km/h
WSW
NW 23km/h
NW
W 24km/h
W
WSW 27km/h
WSW
WSW 7km/h
WSW
NNW 16km/h
NNW
WNW 16km/h
WNW
WNW 29km/h
WNW
WSW 27km/h
WSW
SW 31km/h
SW
Relative Humidity 64% 39% 71% 60% 75% 59% 82% 52% 63% 51% 68% 60% 71% 44%
Dew Point 10°C 6°C 13°C 13°C 12°C 13°C 13°C 10°C 8°C 9°C 12°C 12°C 8°C 6°C

Burnie Sun & Moon Times

Friday Next Occurrence
First Light Sunrise Sunset Last Light Moon Phase moon set moon rise last quarter new moon first quarter full moon
first light
06:35 EDT
sunrise
07:03 EDT
sunset
19:52 EDT
last light
20:20 EDT
moon
set
Fri 07:15 EDT
rise
Fri 19:56 EDT
moon
Sat
Mar 14
moon
Fri
Mar 20
moon
Fri
Mar 27
moon
Sat
Apr 4

Burnie Past 5 Days

  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Thu
Mar 5
7.1°C 17°C 4.2mm
Wed
Mar 4
12.2°C 20.1°C 0.0mm
Tue
Mar 3
10.0°C 20.8°C 0.0mm
Mon
Mar 2
9.5°C 18.8°C 0.0mm
Sun
Mar 1
11.5°C 21.2°C 6.0mm

Burnie Year To Date

average rainfall to Mar
139.8mm
26.8 day(s)
total for 2015
74.2mm
23 day(s)
total to this day 2014
42.0mm
13 day(s)
wettest day
14.6mm
Jan 14
lowest temperature
7.1°C
Mar 5
highest temperature
26.4°C
Feb 8

Burnie Almanac

March minimum temperature
lowest this month
7.1°C
5th
lowest on record
3.5°C
5th 1968
average this month
10.1°C
-2.3°C
long-term average
12.4°C
March maximum temperature
highest this month
21.2°C
1st
highest on record
28.9°C
10th 2008
average this month
19.6°C
-0.8°C
long-term average
20.4°C
March rainfall
wettest this month
6.0mm
1st
total this month
10.2mm
2 day(s)
long-term average
51.5mm
9.8 day(s)
wettest on record
158.9mm
1975
driest on record
2.0mm
1994

Hillcrest Weather

Current Conditions

Forecasts

» Hillcrest Weather on your Mobile

Site search


Enter a postcode or town name for local weather, or text to search the site. » advanced search

Help with Weatherzone