Fairfax Media Network

East Ridgley Weather


41.16°S 145.85°E 305m AMSL

Burnie Forecast

Tonight 8°C
Tomorrow 15°C
late_shower

Now

10.5°C steady
Updated at 20:20 EST

Northwest Coast for Tuesday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the west, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Winds W 20 to 30 km/h.
Wednesday Partly cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers, most likely in the afternoon and evening. Winds W 15 to 25 km/h turning N/NW 25 to 35 km/h in the late morning and early afternoon.

Currently at Wynyard Ap

24-hour graph
Temperature 10.5°C steady
Dew Point 9.3°C steady
Feels Like 9.1°C
Relative Humidity 92%
Wind icon
NW 11km/h steady
Wind Gusts 13km/h
Pressure 1019.8hPa steady
Fire Danger 1.0
Rain since 9am/last hr 0.0mm / -

Sun on Tue

more
Sunrise sunrise
07:42 EST
Sunset sunset
16:57 EST

Nearby Now

Luncheon Hill 9.7°C
Devonport Ap 12.7°C
Smithton Ap 11.2°C
Low Head 13.3°C

Next 12 hours in Sheffield

48-hour forecast

9pm

Mostly cloudy
10°C

12am

Mostly cloudy
9°C

3am

Mostly cloudy
8°C

6am

Mostly clear
7°C

Northwest Coast Weather Warnings

view all
There are no warnings current.

Tasmania Weather Update

This video is updated each morning and afternoon.

Burnie 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Tue
Jun 28
Wed
Jun 29
Thu
Jun 30
Fri
Jul 1
Sat
Jul 2
Sun
Jul 3
Mon
Jul 4

Possible shower

Late shower

Rain

Possible shower

Possible shower

Showers

Mostly sunny
Maximum 15°C 15°C 13°C 14°C 15°C 15°C 12°C
Minimum 8°C 8°C 7°C 6°C 8°C 8°C 5°C
Chance of Rain 50% 90% 90% 50% 60% 90% 40%
Rain Amount 1-5mm 5-10mm 10-20mm 1-5mm 1-5mm 5-10mm 1-5mm
UV Index Low Low Low Low Low
Frost Risk Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Slight
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 22
km/h
24
km/h
16
km/h
22
km/h
41
km/h
33
km/h
22
km/h
25
km/h
23
km/h
28
km/h
29
km/h
31
km/h
18
km/h
20
km/h
Wind Direction WNW 22km/h
WNW
WNW 24km/h
WNW
WNW 16km/h
WNW
NW 22km/h
NW
NNW 41km/h
NNW
NW 33km/h
NW
WSW 22km/h
WSW
W 25km/h
W
WNW 23km/h
WNW
WNW 28km/h
WNW
WNW 29km/h
WNW
WNW 31km/h
WNW
WSW 18km/h
WSW
WSW 20km/h
WSW
Relative Humidity 86% 81% 83% 83% 85% 87% 78% 77% 83% 79% 83% 83% 76% 67%
Dew Point 11°C 11°C 8°C 11°C 11°C 10°C 6°C 10°C 9°C 11°C 9°C 11°C 2°C 6°C

Burnie Sun & Moon Times

Wednesday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon rise moon set New moon First quarter Full moon Last quarter
first light
07:11 EST
sunrise
07:42 EST
sunset
16:57 EST
last light
17:28 EST
moon
rise
Wed 01:18 EST
set
Wed 13:02 EST
moon
Mon
Jul 4
moon
Tue
Jul 12
moon
Wed
Jul 20
moon
Wed
Jul 27

Burnie Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Tue
Jun 28
5.3°C 15°C 0.2mm
Mon
Jun 27
4.4°C 14.2°C 2.6mm
Sun
Jun 26
2.6°C 13.3°C 0.2mm
Sat
Jun 25
0.7°C 12.4°C 0.0mm
Fri
Jun 24
2.4°C 8.9°C 22.8mm

Burnie Year To Date

Average Rainfall To Jun
407.5mm
67.7 Day(s)
Total For 2016
556.4mm
70 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2015
361.6mm
78 Day(s)
Wettest Day
82.4mm
Jun 6
Lowest Temperature
0.7°C
Jun 25
Highest Temperature
31.2°C
Jan 9

Burnie Almanac

full climatology
June Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
0.7°C
25th
Lowest On Record
-1.1°C
23rd 1965
Average This Month
6.4°C
-0.5°C
Long-term Average
6.9°C
June Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
18.4°C
7th
Highest On Record
18.9°C
3rd 2014
Average This Month
14.4°C
+0.7°C
Long-term Average
13.7°C
June Rainfall
Wettest This Month
82.4mm
6th
Total This Month
196.2mm
15 Day(s)
Long-term Average
101.2mm
14.9 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
328.9mm
1947
Driest On Record
22.2mm
2007
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

As much of Australia chills, Darwin sweats

18:00 EST

The cold fronts that have frozen southeastern Australia haven't had the gas to push far enough north to cool Darwin, with heat records for the NT capital.

Tips to stay warm in winter: Feeling cold is all about perception, health scientist says

13:26 EST

As residents in New South Wales emerge from under the rug after their , the question on the blue lips of many is what's the best way to stay warm? While many may feel their insides are rapidly chilling, Dr Ollie Jay from the University of Sydney said little was happening to our bodies internally and the cold was all due to "perception".

WA winter starting cold in south, warm in north

13:24 EST

So far this winter Western Australia has been divided, unseasonably cold in the south and hot in the north.