Fairfax Media Network

Alcomie Weather


40.93°S 145.19°E 222m AMSL

Smithton Forecast

Tonight 4°C
Tomorrow 13°C
possible_shower

Now

5.8°C steady
Updated at 20:40 EST

Northwest Coast for Friday Partly cloudy. Medium (40%) chance of showers in the west. Light winds becoming S 15 to 25 km/h in the evening.
Saturday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the west, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Areas of morning frost in the east. Winds S 15 to 25 km/h turning SW 20 to 30 km/h during the morning.

Currently at Smithton Ap

24-hour graph
Temperature 5.8°C steady
Dew Point 4.4°C rising
Feels Like 3.0°C
Relative Humidity 91%
Wind icon
SSW 12km/h falling
Wind Gusts 13km/h
Pressure 1007.7hPa rising
Fire Danger 0.9
Rain since 9am/last hr 0.0mm / -

Sun on Fri

more
Sunrise sunrise
07:31 EST
Sunset sunset
17:03 EST

Nearby Now

Luncheon Hill 5.7°C
Cape Grim 9.3°C
Wynyard Ap 8.9°C

Next 12 hours in Cape Grim

48-hour forecast

9pm

Mostly clear
9°C

12am

Mostly clear
9°C

3am

Chance shower
9°C

6am

Slight chance shower. Windy
9°C

Northwest Coast Weather Warnings

view all
There are no warnings current.

Tasmania Weather Update

This video is updated each morning and afternoon.

Smithton 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Fri
May 27
Sat
May 28
Sun
May 29
Mon
May 30
Tue
May 31
Wed
Jun 1
Thu
Jun 2

Sunny

Possible shower

Mostly sunny

Mostly sunny

Possible shower

Possible shower

Possible shower
Maximum 13°C 13°C 13°C 13°C 14°C 14°C 15°C
Minimum 5°C 4°C 5°C 3°C 5°C 8°C 6°C
Chance of Rain 10% 20% 5% 50% 60% 70% 70%
Rain Amount < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm 1-5mm 1-5mm 1-5mm
UV Index Low Low Low Low Low
Frost Risk Slight Slight Slight Moderate Slight Nil Nil
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 15
km/h
16
km/h
20
km/h
27
km/h
17
km/h
16
km/h
6
km/h
7
km/h
17
km/h
19
km/h
17
km/h
15
km/h
15
km/h
15
km/h
Wind Direction SSW 15km/h
SSW
SSW 16km/h
SSW
SSW 20km/h
SSW
SSW 27km/h
SSW
SW 17km/h
SW
SW 16km/h
SW
SE 6km/h
SE
NE 7km/h
NE
ENE 17km/h
ENE
NE 19km/h
NE
ENE 17km/h
ENE
E 15km/h
E
E 15km/h
E
NE 15km/h
NE
Relative Humidity 79% 67% 81% 72% 77% 67% 76% 68% 78% 75% 79% 76% 84% 78%
Dew Point 6°C 6°C 7°C 7°C 5°C 7°C 4°C 7°C 7°C 9°C 8°C 10°C 8°C 11°C

Smithton Sun & Moon Times

Saturday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon rise moon set Last quarter New moon First quarter Full moon
first light
07:01 EST
sunrise
07:32 EST
sunset
17:02 EST
last light
17:32 EST
moon
rise
Fri 22:00 EST
set
Sat 12:03 EST
moon
Sun
May 29
moon
Sun
Jun 5
moon
Sun
Jun 12
moon
Mon
Jun 20

Smithton Ap Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Fri
May 27
2.6°C 13°C 0.2mm
Thu
May 26
8.1°C 13.1°C 4.4mm
Wed
May 25
1.0°C 15.8°C 0.0mm
Tue
May 24
4.6°C 14.3°C 4.0mm
Mon
May 23
10.1°C 13.3°C 10.8mm

Smithton Ap Year To Date

Average Rainfall To May
265.6mm
68.0 Day(s)
Total For 2016
356.6mm
71 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2015
273.2mm
76 Day(s)
Wettest Day
30.0mm
Mar 18
Lowest Temperature
1.0°C
May 25
Highest Temperature
28.8°C
Jan 11

Smithton Ap Almanac

full climatology
May Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
1.0°C
25th
Lowest On Record
-2.9°C
10th 2011
Average This Month
8.4°C
+2.2°C
Long-term Average
6.2°C
May Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
18.5°C
14th
Highest On Record
20.6°C
15th 2014
Average This Month
15.9°C
+0.5°C
Long-term Average
15.4°C
May Rainfall
Wettest This Month
27.0mm
10th
Total This Month
173.6mm
22 Day(s)
Long-term Average
79.7mm
20.8 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
167.2mm
2007
Driest On Record
22.4mm
2001
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Wild weather causing havoc over SA

17:13 EST

Southern parts of South Australia are battling the wind and rain.

Heavy rain continues across South Australia, further flooding unlikely

16:44 EST

Adelaide is poised to smash its May rainfall average as the city braces for further heavy rain.

Wintery relief for QLD

12:57 EST

A southwesterly change will finally bring cooling to parts of QLD.