Fairfax Media Network

Storys Creek Weather


41.64°S 147.73°E 716m AMSL

Fingal Forecast

Tonight 2°C
Tomorrow 12°C
mostly_sunny

Now

3.8°C steady
Updated at 22:50 EST

East Coast for Saturday Partly cloudy. Light winds.
Sunday Cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the south, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Winds W 15 to 20 km/h turning SW 15 to 25 km/h early in the morning.

Currently at Fingal

24-hour graph
Temperature 3.8°C steady
Dew Point 2.6°C rising
Feels Like 2.3°C
Relative Humidity 92%
Wind icon
WSW 5km/h rising
Wind Gusts 6km/h
Pressure -
Fire Danger 0.7
Rain since 9am/last hr 0.0mm / -

Sun on Sat

more
Sunrise sunrise
07:22 EST
Sunset sunset
16:48 EST

Nearby Now

Launceston Ap 5.7°C
Scottsdale 6.1°C
Cressy 6.4°C
St Helens Ap 6.2°C

Next 12 hours in Launceston Airport

48-hour forecast

12am

Mostly clear
4°C

3am

Mostly clear
3°C

6am

Mostly cloudy
1°C

9am

Mostly cloudy
5°C

East Coast Weather Warnings

view all
Tas - Sat 22:00 EST
Coastal Wind Warning for Tasmanian Waters.

Tas - Sat 20:49 EST
Frost Warning for Tasmania

Tasmania Weather Update

This video is updated each morning and afternoon.

Fingal 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Sat
May 28
Sun
May 29
Mon
May 30
Tue
May 31
Wed
Jun 1
Thu
Jun 2
Fri
Jun 3

Sunny

Mostly sunny

Frost then sunny

Possible shower

Possible shower

Frost then sunny

Frost then sunny
Maximum 13°C 12°C 12°C 13°C 13°C 14°C 14°C
Minimum 1°C 2°C 0°C -1°C 0°C -1°C 1°C
Chance of Rain 30% 5% 5% 30% 40% 10% 30%
Rain Amount 1-5mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm
UV Index Low Low Low Low Low
Frost Risk Moderate Moderate High Severe High High High
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 7
km/h
8
km/h
15
km/h
14
km/h
5
km/h
5
km/h
4
km/h
6
km/h
3
km/h
5
km/h
4
km/h
6
km/h
4
km/h
6
km/h
Wind Direction WSW 7km/h
WSW
WSW 8km/h
WSW
SW 15km/h
SW
SSW 14km/h
SSW
SW 5km/h
SW
ESE 5km/h
ESE
E 4km/h
E
ENE 6km/h
ENE
NNW 3km/h
NNW
NNE 5km/h
NNE
WNW 4km/h
WNW
N 6km/h
N
N 4km/h
N
NNE 6km/h
NNE
Relative Humidity 87% 67% 85% 76% 83% 69% 82% 72% 85% 74% 86% 75% 87% 78%
Dew Point 4°C 6°C 5°C 7°C 3°C 6°C 3°C 7°C 5°C 8°C 4°C 8°C 6°C 10°C

Fingal Sun & Moon Times

Sunday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon set moon rise New moon First quarter Full moon Last quarter
first light
06:52 EST
sunrise
07:23 EST
sunset
16:48 EST
last light
17:19 EST
moon
set
Sun 12:30 EST
rise
Sun 23:55 EST
moon
Sun
Jun 5
moon
Sun
Jun 12
moon
Mon
Jun 20
moon
Tue
Jun 28

Fingal Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Sat
May 28
2.0°C 12°C 8.0mm
Fri
May 27
6.4°C 8.4°C 28.0mm
Thu
May 26
-1.7°C 10.4°C 7.2mm
Wed
May 25
-4.1°C 10.8°C 0.0mm
Tue
May 24
2.8°C 11.4°C 0.8mm

Fingal Year To Date

Average Rainfall To May
230.9mm
40.0 Day(s)
Total For 2016
358.8mm
55 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2015
241.0mm
59 Day(s)
Wettest Day
121.6mm
Jan 30
Lowest Temperature
-4.1°C
May 25
Highest Temperature
33.6°C
Jan 9

Fingal Almanac

full climatology
May Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
-4.1°C
25th
Lowest On Record
-8.1°C
22nd 2008
Average This Month
5.6°C
+2.8°C
Long-term Average
2.8°C
May Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
20.1°C
6th
Highest On Record
25.3°C
1st 1997
Average This Month
15.4°C
+0.1°C
Long-term Average
15.3°C
May Rainfall
Wettest This Month
28.0mm
27th
Total This Month
87.6mm
18 Day(s)
Long-term Average
49.8mm
10.1 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
246.2mm
1969
Driest On Record
2.8mm
1991
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Lake Eyre gets late flow from Queensland and more SA rainfall than usual

12:31 EST

Water is flowing into outback Lake Eyre, but somewhat differently from past flooding of the remote saltpan, travel guide Rex Ellis says.

Kiwis in for a pounding

12:24 EST

A strong and complex low is moving over New Zealand and has been generating heavy rain, isolated thunderstorms and gale force winds.

When it rains over Uluru

12:19 EST

The sunrise this morning likely made the ancient sandstone formation of Uluru glow a glorious red at dawn, although cloud and rain from today should lead to more demure morning displays for the next couple of days.