Fairfax Media Network

Butlers Gorge Weather


42.27°S 146.27°E 671m AMSL

Butlers Gorge Forecast

This morning 6°C
Today 15°C
possible_shower

Now

10.4°C rising
Updated at 01:10 EDT

Central for Monday Partly cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers in the west, slight (20%) chance elsewhere. Winds W 30 to 45 km/h.
Tuesday Cloudy. Medium (50%) chance of showers in the west, most likely in the morning and early afternoon. Near zero chance of rain elsewhere. Winds W 20 to 30 km/h turning NW 25 to 35 km/h during the morning. Low-Moderate.

Currently at Butlers Gorge

24-hour graph
Temperature 10.4°C rising
Dew Point 5.6°C falling
Feels Like 8.2°C
Relative Humidity 72%
Wind icon
W 16km/h rising
Wind Gusts 24km/h
Pressure -
Fire Danger 2.2
Rain since 9am/last hr 11.8mm / -

Sun on Tue

more
Sunrise sunrise
07:26 EDT
Sunset sunset
19:14 EDT

Nearby Now

Liawenee 5.3°C
Ouse 15.1°C
Mt Read 6.5°C

Next 12 hours in Butlers Gorge

48-hour forecast

3am

Mostly cloudy
9°C

6am

Mostly cloudy
7°C

9am

Intermittent rain
9°C

12pm

Slight chance shower
12°C

Central Weather Warnings

view all
There are no warnings current.

National Forecast

Butlers Gorge 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Tue
Mar 28
Wed
Mar 29
Thu
Mar 30
Fri
Mar 31
Sat
Apr 1
Sun
Apr 2
Mon
Apr 3

Possible shower

Possible shower

Showers

Late shower

Possible shower

Showers easing

Mostly sunny
Maximum 15°C 16°C 10°C 13°C 12°C 13°C 15°C
Minimum 6°C 8°C 2°C -1°C 4°C 2°C 1°C
Chance of Rain 60% 90% 90% 90% 80% 50% 30%
Rain Amount < 1mm 10-20mm 1-5mm 1-5mm 1-5mm < 1mm < 1mm
UV Index Moderate Moderate Moderate Moderate
Frost Risk Nil Nil Moderate High Slight Moderate High
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 21
km/h
28
km/h
24
km/h
24
km/h
9
km/h
19
km/h
4
km/h
17
km/h
15
km/h
21
km/h
8
km/h
11
km/h
4
km/h
6
km/h
Wind Direction NW 21km/h
NW
NW 28km/h
NW
NNW 24km/h
NNW
NW 24km/h
NW
W 9km/h
W
WSW 19km/h
WSW
NW 4km/h
NW
NW 17km/h
NW
W 15km/h
W
W 21km/h
W
SW 8km/h
SW
SSW 11km/h
SSW
ESE 4km/h
ESE
SSW 6km/h
SSW
Relative Humidity 91% 66% 87% 70% 96% 64% 89% 51% 98% 62% 82% 54% 82% 49%
Dew Point 8°C 9°C 9°C 10°C 4°C 4°C 2°C 3°C 5°C 5°C 3°C 4°C 4°C 5°C

Butlers Gorge Sun & Moon Times

Tuesday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon rise moon set First quarter Full moon Last quarter New moon
first light
06:58 EDT
sunrise
07:26 EDT
sunset
19:14 EDT
last light
19:42 EDT
moon
rise
Tue 07:08 EDT
set
Tue 19:30 EDT
moon
Tue
Apr 4
moon
Tue
Apr 11
moon
Wed
Apr 19
moon
Wed
Apr 26

Butlers Gorge Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Mon
Mar 27
9.9°C 21°C 0.0mm
Sun
Mar 26
8.3°C 23.5°C 0.2mm
Sat
Mar 25
7.1°C 15.3°C 0.0mm
Fri
Mar 24
6.1°C 17.3°C 0.0mm
Thu
Mar 23
6.6°C 17.5°C 0.0mm

Butlers Gorge Year To Date

Average Rainfall To Mar
278.0mm
45.3 Day(s)
Total For 2017
191.6mm
42 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2016
177.0mm
37 Day(s)
Wettest Day
30.2mm
Feb 13
Lowest Temperature
-1.5°C
Mar 18
Highest Temperature
29.9°C
Jan 7

Butlers Gorge Almanac

full climatology
March Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
-1.5°C
18th
Lowest On Record
-4.4°C
5th 2011
Average This Month
6.7°C
+1.5°C
Long-term Average
5.2°C
March Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
27.8°C
1st
Highest On Record
32.0°C
1st 1989
Average This Month
21.5°C
+4.8°C
Long-term Average
16.7°C
March Rainfall
Wettest This Month
9.0mm
22nd
Total This Month
27.4mm
6 Day(s)
Long-term Average
100.5mm
16.9 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
215.0mm
1996
Driest On Record
27.4mm
1994
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Cyclone Debbie reaches category four, thousands in low-lying Mackay areas told to leave

01:24 EDT

Tropical Cyclone Debbie has intensified to category four and is expected to hit the north Queensland coast on Tuesday morning, the Bureau of Meteorology (BOM) has warned.

Navy's largest ships unable to join Cyclone Debbie emergency response amid engine troubles

00:52 EDT

Engineers are frantically working to solve engine problems on the Royal Australian Navy's two largest ships, with fears the Landing Helicopter Docks (LHDs) could be out of action for several weeks.

Tropical Cyclone Debbie: Queenslanders preparing for worst cyclone since Yasi

00:42 EDT

As Tropical Cyclone Debbie strengthens off the coast near Townsville in north Queensland, residents are being warned to prepare for the worst storm to hit the state since Cyclone Yasi in 2011.