Fairfax Media Network

Kayena Weather


Low Head Forecast

This morning 2°C
Today 9°C
possible_shower

Now

5.5°C falling
Updated at 05:20 EST

Central North for Sunday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers near the coast, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Possible hail. Winds NW 25 to 35 km/h.

Currently at Low Head

24-hour graph
Temperature 5.5°C falling
Dew Point 1.1°C falling
Feels Like -1.2°C
Relative Humidity 73%
Wind icon
WSW 61km/h rising
Wind Gusts 67km/h
Pressure 1001.2hPa rising
Fire Danger 5.0
Rain since 9am/last hr 3.4mm / -

Sun on Mon

more
Sunrise sunrise
07:19 EST
Sunset sunset
17:20 EST

Nearby Now

Launceston 3.1°C
Devonport Ap 1.8°C
Launceston Ap 0.9°C
Scottsdale 2.2°C

Next 12 hours in Launceston

48-hour forecast

6am

Mostly clear
1°C

9am

Mostly clear
3°C

12pm

Mostly clear
8°C

3pm

Mostly clear
8°C

Central North Weather Warnings

view all
Tas - Mon 05:00 EST
Gale Warning for all waters including Southeast Inshore except Derwent Estuary. Strong Wind Warning for Derwent Estuary

Tas - Mon 04:58 EST
Sheep Graziers Warning for King Is, N West/East Coast, Midlands, Central N, Upper Derwent Valley, South East, Furneaux Is & N East

Tas - Mon 04:56 EST
Road Weather Alert for N West/East Coast, Central N, N East, Western, Central Plateau, Midlands, Upper Derwent Valley & South East

Tasmania Weather Update

This video is updated each morning and afternoon.

Low Head 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Mon
Aug 3
Tue
Aug 4
Wed
Aug 5
Thu
Aug 6
Fri
Aug 7
Sat
Aug 8
Sun
Aug 9

Possible shower

Windy with showers

Possible shower

Mostly sunny

Mostly sunny

Frost then sunny

Possible shower
Maximum 9°C 11°C 10°C 12°C 12°C 11°C 11°C
Minimum 2°C 2°C 3°C 2°C 2°C 1°C 4°C
Chance of Rain 60% 90% 20% 10% 5% 80% 80%
Rain Amount < 1mm 1-5mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm 1-5mm 1-5mm
UV Index Low Low Low Low Low
Frost Risk Moderate Moderate Moderate Moderate Moderate High Slight
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 42
km/h
38
km/h
32
km/h
44
km/h
28
km/h
32
km/h
24
km/h
26
km/h
16
km/h
14
km/h
7
km/h
8
km/h
12
km/h
15
km/h
Wind Direction WSW 42km/h
WSW
SW 38km/h
SW
WNW 32km/h
WNW
WNW 44km/h
WNW
WSW 28km/h
WSW
SW 32km/h
SW
W 24km/h
W
WSW 26km/h
WSW
SW 16km/h
SW
SW 14km/h
SW
SSW 7km/h
SSW
WNW 8km/h
WNW
ESE 12km/h
ESE
NNE 15km/h
NNE
Relative Humidity 73% 53% 80% 73% 76% 59% 82% 62% 82% 58% 86% 64% 83% 70%
Dew Point 0°C 0°C 5°C 7°C 2°C 1°C 5°C 5°C 3°C 4°C 3°C 4°C 5°C 6°C

Low Head Sun & Moon Times

Monday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon set moon rise Last quarter New moon First quarter Full moon
first light
06:49 EST
sunrise
07:19 EST
sunset
17:20 EST
last light
17:49 EST
moon
set
Mon 08:44 EST
rise
Mon 20:49 EST
moon
Fri
Aug 7
moon
Sat
Aug 15
moon
Sun
Aug 23
moon
Sun
Aug 30

Low Head Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Sun
Aug 2
8.6°C 12°C 1.2mm
Sat
Aug 1
8.3°C 10.6°C 7.0mm
Fri
Jul 31
7.3°C 11.7°C 4.0mm
Thu
Jul 30
9.9°C 12.1°C 0.6mm
Wed
Jul 29
9.6°C 12.0°C 0.0mm

Low Head Year To Date

Average Rainfall To Aug
467.7mm
93.5 Day(s)
Total For 2015
427.9mm
86 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2014
378.0mm
79 Day(s)
Wettest Day
33.2mm
Mar 26
Lowest Temperature
0.9°C
Jul 18
Highest Temperature
27.0°C
Jan 14

Low Head Almanac

full climatology
August Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
8.3°C
1st
Lowest On Record
0.5°C
21st 2013
Average This Month
8.4°C
+1.0°C
Long-term Average
7.4°C
August Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
12.0°C
2nd
Highest On Record
17.2°C
27th 2001
Average This Month
11.3°C
-1.8°C
Long-term Average
13.1°C
August Rainfall
Wettest This Month
7.0mm
1st
Total This Month
8.2mm
2 Day(s)
Long-term Average
86.4mm
16.6 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
193.6mm
2013
Driest On Record
19.0mm
2006
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

I thought it was supposed to be winter?

16:29 EST

Spring-like temperatures are bathing central and northern parts of New South Wales today, with some places experiencing record temperatures for this time of the year.

Rain and thunderstorms saturate southern NSW

12:27 EST

Areas of rain rolled across southern New South Wales yesterday and into early this morning, bringing some of the best August rainfall in several years for some places.

Tsunamis in Australia?

15:37 EST

With another earthquake of 5.7 magnitude being recorded today near off the southern Queensland coast, meteorologists and oceanographers are keeping a wary eye on the potential for tsunamis.