Fairfax Media Network

Woomera Weather


31.20°S 136.82°E 156m AMSL

Woomera Forecast

Today 37°C
Tonight 27°C
mostly_sunny

Now

29.7°C falling
Updated at 10:30 CDT

NW Pastoral for Sunday Humid. Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers west of Coober Pedy, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm, more likely in the west during the afternoon. Winds NW/NE 15 to 25 km/h tending W/NW 15 to 20 km/h in the late afternoon then becoming light in the evening. Daytime maximum temperatures 34 to 40.

Currently at Woomera Ap

24-hour graph
Temperature 29.7°C falling
Dew Point 10.3°C falling
Feels Like 28.5°C
Relative Humidity 30%
Wind icon
NNE 22km/h steady
Wind Gusts 28km/h
Pressure 1011.7hPa rising
Fire Danger 20.1
Rain since 9am/last hr 0.0mm / -

Sun on Sun

more
Sunrise sunrise
06:40 CDT
Sunset sunset
20:29 CDT

Nearby Now

Roxby Downs Ap 30.4°C
Leigh Creek Ap 29.8°C
Port Augusta Ap 29.4°C
Marree Ap 31.2°C

Next 12 hours in Woomera

48-hour forecast

12pm

Mostly clear
31°C

3pm

Mostly clear
35°C

6pm

Mostly clear
37°C

9pm

Slight chance shower
34°C

NW Pastoral Weather Warnings

view all
There are no warnings current.

National Forecast

Woomera 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Sun
Jan 22
Mon
Jan 23
Tue
Jan 24
Wed
Jan 25
Thu
Jan 26
Fri
Jan 27
Sat
Jan 28

Mostly sunny

Possible shower

Clearing shower

Possible shower

Mostly sunny

Sunny

Mostly sunny
Maximum 37°C 42°C 31°C 31°C 36°C 38°C 40°C
Minimum 23°C 27°C 21°C 19°C 19°C 20°C 21°C
Chance of Rain 40% 90% 30% 40% 20% 20% 30%
Rain Amount < 1mm 1-5mm < 1mm 1-5mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm
UV Index Extreme Extreme Extreme Extreme Extreme
Frost Risk Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 19
km/h
14
km/h
24
km/h
23
km/h
37
km/h
32
km/h
29
km/h
24
km/h
27
km/h
21
km/h
19
km/h
11
km/h
19
km/h
20
km/h
Wind Direction ENE 19km/h
ENE
NNE 14km/h
NNE
NNE 24km/h
NNE
NW 23km/h
NW
S 37km/h
S
S 32km/h
S
SSE 29km/h
SSE
SSE 24km/h
SSE
SSE 27km/h
SSE
SSE 21km/h
SSE
SE 19km/h
SE
SSE 11km/h
SSE
SSE 19km/h
SSE
SSW 20km/h
SSW
Relative Humidity 50% 31% 45% 33% 73% 45% 61% 44% 58% 33% 49% 25% 47% 26%
Dew Point 16°C 16°C 19°C 23°C 17°C 17°C 14°C 16°C 14°C 16°C 14°C 14°C 16°C 17°C

Woomera Sun & Moon Times

Sunday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon set moon rise New moon First quarter Full moon Last quarter
first light
06:13 CDT
sunrise
06:40 CDT
sunset
20:29 CDT
last light
20:55 CDT
moon
set
Sun 15:35 CDT
rise
Mon 02:42 CDT
moon
Sat
Jan 28
moon
Sat
Feb 4
moon
Sat
Feb 11
moon
Sun
Feb 19

Woomera Ap Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Sun
Jan 22
20°C - 0.0mm
Sat
Jan 21
16.6°C 32°C 0.2mm
Fri
Jan 20
22.1°C 27.6°C 11.0mm
Thu
Jan 19
26.4°C 41.9°C 0.0mm
Wed
Jan 18
24.1°C 39.9°C 0.0mm

Woomera Ap Year To Date

Average Rainfall To Jan
14.7mm
2.9 Day(s)
Total For 2017
42.4mm
5 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2016
0.4mm
1 Day(s)
Wettest Day
29.4mm
Jan 14
Lowest Temperature
14.2°C
Jan 14
Highest Temperature
43.5°C
Jan 17

Woomera Ap Almanac

full climatology
January Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
14.2°C
14th
Lowest On Record
8.3°C
1st 1970
Average This Month
21.0°C
+1.5°C
Long-term Average
19.5°C
January Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
43.5°C
17th
Highest On Record
48.1°C
25th 2011
Average This Month
35.1°C
+0.5°C
Long-term Average
34.6°C
January Rainfall
Wettest This Month
29.4mm
14th
Total This Month
42.4mm
5 Day(s)
Long-term Average
14.7mm
2.9 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
93.0mm
1968
Driest On Record
0.0mm
1957
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Steamy night in Brisbane

14:29 EDT

In the early hours of the morning, Brisbane had its warmest minimum temperature since at least 1999, when the mercury halted its descent at 28 degrees just after 3am.

Stormy conditions again for Aotearoa

11:51 EDT

Another intense low pressure system is set to impact New Zealand from this evening, with heavy rain and severe gales forecast.

Kimberley cattle country soaked by January rains in great start to season

18:55 EDT

Cattle stations in the Kimberley region of Western Australia have had an extremely wet start to 2017.