Fairfax Media Network

Mintabie Weather


27.31°S 133.30°E 365m AMSL

Kulgera Forecast

This morning 16°C
Today 25°C
possible_thunderstorm

Now

14.1°C falling
Updated at 03:20 CST

NW Pastoral for Sunday Mostly clear. The chance of a thunderstorm with little or no rainfall west of Coober Pedy early this evening. Light winds becoming NW/NE 15 to 20 km/h in the late evening.
Monday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers north of Marla, slight (30%) chance elsewhere north and east of Tarcoola. The chance of a thunderstorm north of Coober Pedy. Winds NW/NE 15 to 20 km/h becoming light in the late afternoon.

Currently at Ernabella

24-hour graph
Temperature 14.1°C falling
Dew Point 11.1°C steady
Feels Like 13.4°C
Relative Humidity 82%
Wind icon
W 11km/h falling
Wind Gusts 13km/h
Pressure 1018.0hPa falling
Fire Danger 1.5
Rain since 9am/last hr 0.0mm / -

Sun on Mon

more
Sunrise sunrise
07:15 CST
Sunset sunset
17:54 CST

Nearby Now

Oodnadatta Ap 14.6°C
Coober Pedy Ap 12.6°C
Uluru 15.3°C
Alice Springs Ap 15.9°C

Fire Danger Rating

MODERATE

Next 12 hours in Ernabella

48-hour forecast

6am

Slight chance shower
11°C

9am

Chance shower
15°C

12pm

Rain
20°C

3pm

Rain
20°C

NW Pastoral Weather Warnings

view all
There are no warnings current.

South Australia Weather Update

This video is updated each morning and afternoon.

Kulgera 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Mon
May 30
Tue
May 31
Wed
Jun 1
Thu
Jun 2
Fri
Jun 3
Sat
Jun 4

Possible thunderstorm

Possible thunderstorm

Possible thunderstorm

Possible thunderstorm

Mostly sunny

Cloudy
Maximum 25°C 23°C 24°C 24°C 25°C 21°C
Minimum 16°C 18°C 16°C 17°C 17°C 14°C
Chance of Rain 90% 90% 90% 90% 60% 50%
Rain Amount
UV Index Moderate Moderate Moderate Moderate Moderate
Frost Risk Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 13
km/h
12
km/h
12
km/h
11
km/h
13
km/h
16
km/h
18
km/h
14
km/h
10
km/h
13
km/h
11
km/h
8
km/h
Wind Direction N 13km/h
N
N 12km/h
N
NE 12km/h
NE
N 11km/h
N
E 13km/h
E
NNE 16km/h
NNE
N 18km/h
N
NNW 14km/h
NNW
SW 10km/h
SW
S 13km/h
S
NE 11km/h
NE
E 8km/h
E
Relative Humidity 68% 58% 85% 64% 79% 56% 76% 75% 89% 70% 80% 58%
Dew Point 14°C 16°C 16°C 16°C 14°C 15°C 15°C 20°C 17°C 20°C 12°C 13°C

Kulgera Sun & Moon Times

Monday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon set moon rise New moon First quarter Full moon Last quarter
first light
06:50 CST
sunrise
07:15 CST
sunset
17:54 CST
last light
18:18 CST
moon
set
Mon 13:28 CST
rise
Tue 01:39 CST
moon
Sun
Jun 5
moon
Sun
Jun 12
moon
Mon
Jun 20
moon
Tue
Jun 28

Kulgera Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Sun
May 29
9.5°C - 0.0mm
Sat
May 28
9.0°C 19.0°C 0.0mm
Fri
May 27
11.0°C 18.0°C 0.0mm
Thu
May 26
- 30.0°C 0.0mm
Wed
May 25
11.0°C - 0.0mm

Kulgera Year To Date

Average Rainfall To May
119.5mm
15.4 Day(s)
Total For 2016
122.4mm
12 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2015
6.7mm
7 Day(s)
Wettest Day
42.0mm
Jan 15
Lowest Temperature
4.6°C
May 14
Highest Temperature
41.5°C
Feb 24

Kulgera Almanac

full climatology
May Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
4.6°C
14th
Lowest On Record
-2.1°C
30th 2011
Average This Month
9.4°C
+0.2°C
Long-term Average
9.2°C
May Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
30.5°C
22nd
Highest On Record
34.0°C
11th 1996
Average This Month
25.1°C
+2.4°C
Long-term Average
22.7°C
May Rainfall
Wettest This Month
0.0mm
1st
Total This Month
0.0mm
0 Day(s)
Long-term Average
12.7mm
2.5 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
82.5mm
2004
Driest On Record
0.0mm
1971
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Eastern Australia's frost season starts late but abruptly

18:52 EST

For most of Australia's frost-prone areas the frost season has started later than any other year since 2007 but now it has arrived with a shudder.

Summer to winter skipping autumn

12:49 EST

Although temperatures across the southern states have been more seasonal over the recent days, temperatures along the eastern seaboard have remained quite balmy.

Lake Eyre gets late flow from Queensland and more SA rainfall than usual

12:31 EST

Water is flowing into outback Lake Eyre, but somewhat differently from past flooding of the remote saltpan, travel guide Rex Ellis says.