Fairfax Media Network

Peninsula Weather

Current Warnings
 

Peninsula Forecast

  • Saturday Partly cloudy. Medium (60%) chance of showers during the morning and afternoon. The chance of a thunderstorm. Light winds becoming W 15 to 20 km/h in the middle of the day then becoming light in the evening. Daytime maximum temperatures in the low to mid 30s.

  • Sunday Partly cloudy. Medium (60%) chance of showers north of Weipa, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm. Light winds.

  • Monday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers south of Coen, medium (40%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm. Light winds.

  • Tuesday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers south of Coen, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm. Light winds.

Issued Sat 05:00 EST

Peninsula Weather Forecasts

Station
Forecast Min Max Chance of rain Rain amount Frost risk 9am 3pm
Wind RH Wind RH
°C °C km/h % km/h %
Possible thunderstorm
26 33 90% 5-10mm Nil WNW 26 80 WNW 29 63
Possible thunderstorm
25 34 60% 1-5mm Nil - - - -
Possible thunderstorm
24 33 60% - Nil - - - -
Possible thunderstorm
25 33 5% 1-5mm Nil - - - -
Possible thunderstorm
25 32 60% < 1mm Nil W 13 82 W 21 62
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Heavy rain hammers QLD's Central Coast

10:02 EDT

A deep low pressure trough has brought heavy rain and storms to central parts of the Queensland coast.

Research finds grain growers are seeding winter crops earlier each year as climate changes

19:16 EDT

New research has confirmed that Australian grain growers are planting winter crops a month earlier than they were 30 years ago.

Rain in drought-affected western Queensland, patchy and still not enough

17:20 EDT

The first week of February has delivered some much needed rain to parts of drought-affected western Queensland, with some properties recording their best falls in six years.