Fairfax Media Network

Snowy Mountains Weather

Current Warnings
 

Snowy Mountains Forecast

  • Friday Cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers. Snow falling above 1200 metres. Light winds.

  • Saturday Partly cloudy. Areas of morning fog and frost. Medium (60%) chance of showers, most likely in the morning and afternoon. Snow possible above 1200 metres. Light winds becoming W 15 to 25 km/h in the morning then tending SW 15 to 20 km/h in the evening.

  • Sunday Cloudy. Areas of morning fog and frost. High (70%) chance of showers in the south, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Snow showers above 1200 metres. Winds SW 20 to 30 km/h.

  • Monday Partly cloudy. Patchy morning fog and frost. Slight (20%) chance of a shower near the Victorian border, near zero chance elsewhere. Light winds.

  • Tuesday Partly cloudy. Patchy fog and frost in the morning. Light winds.

Issued Fri 16:30 EST

Snowy Mountains Observations

Latest Observations
Station
Time Wind dir Wind spd Wind gust Tmp Dew pt Feels like RH Fire Rain Pres
km/h km/h °C °C °C % mm hPa
04:00 EST
SW 30 39 2.0 0.5 -3.9 90 1 1.0 1020.2
04:00 EST
NNW 17 26 0.2 0.1 -4.5 99 1 1.0 -
15:00 EST
SW 28   11.0 3.5 8.0 60 4 0 -
04:00 EST
SSE 7 13 3.0 2.9 1.1 99 1 - 1019.8
04:00 EST
WSW 20 35 -1.3 -2.9 -6.9 89 1 2.2 -
04:00 EST
WNW 44 59 -3.6 -3.7 -12.6 99 1 4.8 -
15:00 EST
NW 2   3.0 0.6 3.0 84 1 3 -
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Heavy snow in Tasmania leaves motorists stranded south of Hobart

21:48 EST

Snowfalls in southern Tasmania have trapped a number of cars on a highway south of Hobart.

PNG prime minister Peter O'Neill may review Australian food import ban amid drought

21:32 EST

Papua New Guinea's prime minister Peter O'Neill says he may review a recent ban on importing Australian fruit and vegetables into the country.

Shoalhaven oyster farmers face hundreds of thousands of dollars in losses as floods wash away salinity

16:35 EST

Oyster farms flooded in this week's downpour at Greenwell Point on the New South Wales south coast could lose hundreds of thousands of dollars' worth of oysters.