Fairfax Media Network

Hunter Weather

NSW/ACT
Thu 05:11 EST
Current Warnings
 

Hunter Forecast

  • Thursday Cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers, becoming less likely this afternoon. Snow falling above 1400 metres about the Barrington Tops. Winds SW 15 to 25 km/h turning W 15 to 20 km/h during the morning. Daytime maximum temperatures between 11 and 16.

  • Friday Partly cloudy. Areas of fog and frost about the Upper Hunter in the morning. High (80%) chance of showers about the Lower Hunter, medium (50%) chance elsewhere. Snow falling above 1200 metres. Winds W 15 to 20 km/h becoming light before dawn then becoming S/SW 15 to 20 km/h in the early afternoon.

  • Saturday Partly cloudy. Areas of frost about the Upper Hunter in the morning. High (70%) chance of showers near the coast, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Winds S/SW 15 to 20 km/h becoming light during the morning.

  • Sunday Partly cloudy. Light winds.

Issued Thu 05:15 EST

Hunter Weather Forecasts

Station
Forecast Min Max Chance of rain Rain amount Frost risk 9am 3pm
Wind RH Wind RH
°C °C km/h % km/h %
Mostly sunny
7 23 5% < 1mm Nil WNW 7 69 SSE 10 39
Mostly sunny
6 21 5% < 1mm Nil W 3 65 SSE 6 49
Mostly sunny
4 18 5% - Slight - - - -
Mostly sunny
6 22 5% < 1mm Nil - - - -
Mostly sunny
7 23 5% < 1mm Nil WNW 7 66 S 10 41
Mostly sunny
5 20 5% < 1mm Slight - - - -
Mostly sunny
6 16 5% < 1mm Nil NNW 16 65 WSW 21 49
Mostly sunny
10 21 5% < 1mm Nil WNW 17 61 S 17 42
Mostly sunny
9 19 10% < 1mm Nil W 17 65 S 18 53
Mostly sunny
12 20 5% < 1mm Nil W 6 62 S 13 58
Mostly sunny
5 20 5% < 1mm Slight - - - -
Mostly sunny
5 22 5% < 1mm Slight NW 3 68 WSW 11 40
Mostly sunny
5 22 5% < 1mm Slight - - - -
Mostly sunny
5 22 5% < 1mm Nil - - - -
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

NSW weather: Search resumes for missing man in flash floods near Kyogle

07:05 EST

A search will resume for a man who went missing in floodwaters near Kyogle during heavy rainfall that hit the New South Wales coast and Sydney.

NSW weather: Search for man missing in floodwaters as severe weather hits

21:00 EST

Witnesses saw a man being swept away after his vehicle went into floodwaters near Lismore in far north New South Wales, police say, as a heavy downpour and strong winds hit the state's coast.

Queensland farmers rejoice after late winter rain fills in gaps

16:57 EST

After receiving record-breaking rain in June and July, parts of western Queensland have received their best August rain in nearly 20 years.