Fairfax Media Network

Cassowary Weather


Low Isles Forecast

This morning 27°C
Today 34°C
clearing_shower

Now

27.9°C steady
Updated at 06:20 EST

Nth Cst & Tableland for Friday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the north, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm. Light winds. Daytime maximum temperatures in the low to mid 30s.

Currently at Low Isles

24-hour graph
Temperature 27.9°C steady
Dew Point 24.1°C falling
Feels Like 31.9°C
Relative Humidity 80%
Wind icon
WSW 18km/h steady
Wind Gusts 20km/h
Pressure 1008.3hPa rising
Fire Danger 3.1
Rain since 9am/last hr 0.0mm / -

Sun on Fri

more
Sunrise sunrise
06:23 EST
Sunset sunset
18:21 EST

Nearby Now

Cairns Ap 24.2°C
Mareeba Ap 22.1°C

Next 12 hours in Cairns

48-hour forecast

9am

Mostly clear
31°C

12pm

Slight chance shower
34°C

3pm

Slight chance shower
35°C

6pm

Mostly clear
31°C

Nth Cst & Tableland Weather Warnings

view all
There are no warnings current.

National Forecast

Low Isles 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Fri
Mar 31
Sat
Apr 1
Sun
Apr 2
Mon
Apr 3
Tue
Apr 4
Wed
Apr 5
Thu
Apr 6

Clearing shower

Clearing shower

Late shower

Possible shower

Possible shower

Possible shower

Possible shower
Maximum 34°C 32°C 32°C 32°C 32°C 32°C 32°C
Minimum 27°C 26°C 26°C 25°C 25°C 25°C 25°C
Chance of Rain 70% 40% 70% 90% 90% 80% 90%
Rain Amount 1-5mm 1-5mm 1-5mm 1-5mm 5-10mm 5-10mm 1-5mm
UV Index Extreme Extreme Extreme Extreme Extreme
Frost Risk Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 11
km/h
17
km/h
26
km/h
27
km/h
27
km/h
28
km/h
28
km/h
30
km/h
32
km/h
34
km/h
34
km/h
36
km/h
32
km/h
35
km/h
Wind Direction WSW 11km/h
WSW
ESE 17km/h
ESE
SSE 26km/h
SSE
SE 27km/h
SE
SSE 27km/h
SSE
SE 28km/h
SE
SE 28km/h
SE
SE 30km/h
SE
SSE 32km/h
SSE
SSE 34km/h
SSE
SE 34km/h
SE
SE 36km/h
SE
SE 32km/h
SE
SSE 35km/h
SSE
Relative Humidity 83% 66% 80% 67% 74% 58% 80% 63% 83% 68% 82% 64% 84% 71%
Dew Point 26°C 26°C 25°C 25°C 22°C 23°C 23°C 24°C 24°C 25°C 23°C 24°C 24°C 26°C

Low Isles Sun & Moon Times

Friday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon rise moon set First quarter Full moon Last quarter New moon
first light
06:02 EST
sunrise
06:23 EST
sunset
18:21 EST
last light
18:42 EST
moon
rise
Fri 09:12 EST
set
Fri 21:06 EST
moon
Tue
Apr 4
moon
Tue
Apr 11
moon
Wed
Apr 19
moon
Wed
Apr 26

Low Isles Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Thu
Mar 30
26.9°C 34°C 0.0mm
Wed
Mar 29
29.0°C 33.4°C 0.0mm
Tue
Mar 28
28.3°C 36.3°C 0.0mm
Mon
Mar 27
26.8°C 35.5°C 0.0mm
Sun
Mar 26
27.2°C 33.5°C 0.0mm

Low Isles Year To Date

Average Rainfall To Mar
1275.7mm
56.1 Day(s)
Total For 2017
1173.6mm
67 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2016
788.2mm
49 Day(s)
Wettest Day
94.6mm
Feb 5
Lowest Temperature
22.3°C
Jan 18
Highest Temperature
36.5°C
Feb 14

Low Isles Almanac

full climatology
March Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
24.7°C
1st
Lowest On Record
21.6°C
17th 1995
Average This Month
26.0°C
+0.9°C
Long-term Average
25.1°C
March Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
36.3°C
28th
Highest On Record
37.7°C
1st 1988
Average This Month
32.8°C
+2.0°C
Long-term Average
30.8°C
March Rainfall
Wettest This Month
47.4mm
10th
Total This Month
202.6mm
19 Day(s)
Long-term Average
440.2mm
19.8 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
1310.9mm
1945
Driest On Record
27.0mm
1991
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Cyclone Debbie: Evacuations in Logan as BOM warns river peaking

06:58 EDT

Residents in and around Beaudesert, south of Brisbane, have been told to evacuate immediately with the Logan River heading to a record flood level.

Northern NSW bearing brunt of ex-Cyclone Debbie as Queensland faces massive clean-up effort

06:55 EDT

Tens of thousands of people have been evacuated from towns in northern New South Wales and as "unprecedented" flooding from ex -Tropical Cyclone Debbie continues.

NSW flooding: Lismore residents ordered to evacuate as town faces 'unprecedented' conditions

06:39 EDT

Emergency services are facing 'unprecedented' flood levels on the New South Wales north coast, and sirens have sounded in Lismore, warning residents they must leave immediately.