Fairfax Media Network

Garfield Weather


23.28°S 145.96°E 330m AMSL

Barcaldine Forecast

Today 28°C
Tonight 23°C
rain_developing

Now

32.2°C falling
Updated at 13:20 EST

Central West for Wednesday Partly cloudy. High (80%) chance of rain areas developing east of Longreach, slight (20%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm, with possible heavy falls east of Longreach. Winds S/SE 30 to 45 km/h. Daytime maximum temperatures 27 to 36.

Currently at Blackall

24-hour graph
Temperature 32.2°C falling
Dew Point 16.5°C steady
Feels Like 32.4°C
Relative Humidity 39%
Wind icon
ESE 37km/h steady
Wind Gusts 43km/h
Pressure 1005.3hPa falling
Fire Danger 22.7
Rain since 9am/last hr 0.0mm / -

Sun on Wed

more
Sunrise sunrise
06:26 EST
Sunset sunset
18:22 EST

Nearby Now

Longreach Ap 34.5°C
Emerald Ap 25.1°C

Next 12 hours in Blackall

48-hour forecast

3pm

Shower. Windy
31°C

6pm

Chance shower
29°C

9pm

Shower
25°C

12am

Slight chance shower
24°C

Central West Weather Warnings

view all
Qld - Wed 12:30 EST
Flood Watch - coastal catchments from Gladstone to NSW border to Darling Downs/G Belt, Maranoa/Warrego, Cent West & C Highlands/Coalfields

Qld - Wed 10:58 EST
Severe Weather Warning (Wind/Rain) C Coast/Whitsundays, C Highlands/Coalfields, Capricornia, W Bay/Burnett, D Downs, SE Coast, CW & Maranoa

National Forecast

Barcaldine 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Wed
Mar 29
Thu
Mar 30
Fri
Mar 31
Sat
Apr 1
Sun
Apr 2
Mon
Apr 3
Tue
Apr 4

Rain developing

Clearing shower

Sunny

Mostly sunny

Mostly sunny

Mostly sunny

Sunny
Maximum 28°C 36°C 27°C 30°C 32°C 33°C 32°C
Minimum 25°C 23°C 17°C 13°C 18°C 19°C 19°C
Chance of Rain 80% 5% 5% 5% 5% 5% 5%
Rain Amount 1-5mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm
UV Index Extreme Extreme Extreme Extreme Very High
Frost Risk Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 29
km/h
31
km/h
17
km/h
22
km/h
14
km/h
14
km/h
6
km/h
9
km/h
7
km/h
10
km/h
10
km/h
12
km/h
11
km/h
12
km/h
Wind Direction SE 29km/h
SE
SSE 31km/h
SSE
SW 17km/h
SW
SW 22km/h
SW
S 14km/h
S
S 14km/h
S
SSE 6km/h
SSE
S 9km/h
S
SE 7km/h
SE
SSE 10km/h
SSE
ESE 10km/h
ESE
SE 12km/h
SE
ESE 11km/h
ESE
SE 12km/h
SE
Relative Humidity 71% 73% 72% 38% 47% 27% 55% 31% 60% 35% 64% 35% 61% 34%
Dew Point 22°C 23°C 22°C 20°C 8°C 7°C 10°C 11°C 16°C 15°C 17°C 16°C 16°C 14°C

Barcaldine Sun & Moon Times

Wednesday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon set moon rise First quarter Full moon Last quarter New moon
first light
06:03 EST
sunrise
06:26 EST
sunset
18:22 EST
last light
18:44 EST
moon
set
Wed 19:22 EST
rise
Thu 08:18 EST
moon
Tue
Apr 4
moon
Tue
Apr 11
moon
Wed
Apr 19
moon
Wed
Apr 26

Barcaldine Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Wed
Mar 29
27°C - 0.0mm
Tue
Mar 28
26.1°C 36°C 0.0mm
Mon
Mar 27
22.2°C 37.8°C 0.0mm
Sun
Mar 26
22.7°C 37.0°C 0.0mm
Sat
Mar 25
23.8°C 35.8°C 0.0mm

Barcaldine Year To Date

Average Rainfall To Mar
224.9mm
19.1 Day(s)
Total For 2017
145.6mm
17 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2016
146.9mm
12 Day(s)
Wettest Day
22.4mm
Jan 14
Lowest Temperature
18.0°C
Mar 15
Highest Temperature
43.6°C
Feb 13

Barcaldine Almanac

full climatology
March Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
18.0°C
15th
Lowest On Record
10.9°C
29th 1966
Average This Month
23.1°C
+1.9°C
Long-term Average
21.2°C
March Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
40.0°C
17th
Highest On Record
41.3°C
3rd 1985
Average This Month
36.6°C
+3.2°C
Long-term Average
33.4°C
March Rainfall
Wettest This Month
5.6mm
13th
Total This Month
11.0mm
4 Day(s)
Long-term Average
59.4mm
5.0 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
357.1mm
1963
Driest On Record
0.0mm
1915
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Cyclone Debbie: Bowen, Airlie Beach and Proserpine cut off; BOM says winds still strong

14:00 EDT

Damage from Cyclone Debbie has cut all roads to the north Queensland towns of Bowen, Airlie Beach and Proserpine, but there have been no reports of injury from the Whitsunday Islands, Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk said this morning.

BOM warns of flooding in Cyclone Debbie's wake; Brisbane set for pounding

13:42 EDT

Ex-Cyclone Debbie is causing monsoonal rain and major flooding across central Queensland, with the deluge set to hit Brisbane on Thursday.

Cyclone Debbie photographs capture trail of destruction left across north Queensland

13:30 EDT

Queenslanders awoke to survey the full extent of Tropical Cyclone Debbie's destruction.