Fairfax Media Network

Port Wine Weather


23.83°S 147.15°E 434m AMSL

Springsure Forecast

Today 34°C
Tonight 19°C
possible_thunderstorm

Now

33.5°C rising
Updated at 13:50 EST

Central Highlands for Sunday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers about the Carnarvon Ranges, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of gusty thunderstorms. Winds E/NE 15 to 20 km/h tending E/SE 15 to 25 km/h in the middle of the day then tending E/NE 15 to 20 km/h in the evening. Daytime maximum temperatures in the mid to high 30s.

Currently at Lochington

24-hour graph
Temperature 33.5°C rising
Dew Point 13.5°C falling
Feels Like 32.5°C
Relative Humidity 29%
Wind icon
E 5km/h rising
Wind Gusts 6km/h
Pressure -
Fire Danger 16.2
Rain since 9am/last hr 0.0mm / -

Sun on Sun

more
Sunrise sunrise
06:01 EST
Sunset sunset
18:40 EST

Nearby Now

Emerald Ap 34.1°C

Next 12 hours in Emerald

48-hour forecast

3pm

Mostly clear
36°C

6pm

Mostly clear
35°C

9pm

Mostly clear
29°C

12am

Mostly clear
26°C

Central Highlands Weather Warnings

view all
Qld - Sun 13:52 EST
Severe Thunderstorm Warning (Damaging Wind, Heavy Rain, Large Hail) for Central Highlands & Coalfields and Maranoa & Warrego

National Forecast

Springsure 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Sun
Feb 26
Mon
Feb 27
Tue
Feb 28
Wed
Mar 1
Thu
Mar 2
Fri
Mar 3
Sat
Mar 4

Possible thunderstorm

Possible thunderstorm

Mostly sunny

Mostly sunny

Late shower

Possible shower

Possible shower
Maximum 34°C 33°C 33°C 34°C 34°C 35°C 35°C
Minimum 20°C 19°C 18°C 19°C 20°C 21°C 20°C
Chance of Rain 40% 10% 10% 20% 40% 30% 40%
Rain Amount < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm
UV Index Extreme Extreme Extreme Extreme Extreme
Frost Risk Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 11
km/h
14
km/h
15
km/h
16
km/h
14
km/h
14
km/h
11
km/h
14
km/h
12
km/h
14
km/h
11
km/h
13
km/h
10
km/h
11
km/h
Wind Direction E 11km/h
E
SE 14km/h
SE
ESE 15km/h
ESE
SE 16km/h
SE
ESE 14km/h
ESE
SE 14km/h
SE
ESE 11km/h
ESE
SE 14km/h
SE
ESE 12km/h
ESE
SE 14km/h
SE
ESE 11km/h
ESE
ESE 13km/h
ESE
ESE 10km/h
ESE
SE 11km/h
SE
Relative Humidity 56% 27% 58% 29% 58% 30% 57% 31% 57% 31% 56% 36% 58% 37%
Dew Point 17°C 13°C 16°C 13°C 16°C 13°C 17°C 15°C 18°C 15°C 19°C 18°C 19°C 18°C

Springsure Sun & Moon Times

Sunday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon set moon rise New moon First quarter Full moon Last quarter
first light
05:38 EST
sunrise
06:01 EST
sunset
18:40 EST
last light
19:03 EST
moon
set
Sun 18:25 EST
rise
Mon 06:18 EST
moon
Mon
Feb 27
moon
Sun
Mar 5
moon
Mon
Mar 13
moon
Tue
Mar 21

Lochington Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Sun
Feb 26
23°C - 0.0mm
Sat
Feb 25
21.9°C 37°C 0.0mm
Fri
Feb 24
20.8°C 37.5°C 0.0mm
Thu
Feb 23
21.9°C 36.6°C 0.0mm
Wed
Feb 22
21.5°C 35.7°C 0.0mm

Springsure Year To Date

Average Rainfall To Feb
214.6mm
15.4 Day(s)
Total For 2017
318.0mm
13 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2016
159.0mm
16 Day(s)
Wettest Day
137.0mm
Jan 3
Lowest Temperature
15.8°C
Feb 20
Highest Temperature
40.9°C
Feb 13

Springsure Almanac

full climatology
February Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
15.8°C
20th
Lowest On Record
14.0°C
3rd 1984
Average This Month
21.1°C
+0.5°C
Long-term Average
20.6°C
February Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
40.9°C
13th
Highest On Record
43.7°C
11th 1969
Average This Month
36.0°C
+3.6°C
Long-term Average
32.4°C
February Rainfall
Wettest This Month
3.6mm
14th
Total This Month
8.8mm
5 Day(s)
Long-term Average
105.1mm
7.4 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
552.7mm
1954
Driest On Record
0.0mm
1866
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Adelaide to welcome autumn with heatwave

13:05 EDT

After a respite from intense summer heat over the last couple of weeks, Adelaide is set to sizzle once again.

Warmer seas give east coast rain a helping hand

15:19 EDT

If you wanted to stay a bit warmer today, a dip in the ocean is probably your best bet, despite the rain.

Thunderstorms light up the Sydney night sky

13:18 EDT

Once the southerly change bumped into a low pressure trough sitting just off the Sydney coast last night, things became electric between the two.