you are not logged in | login or join us

Umpangara Weather

  RSS

25.99°S 128.34°E 564m AMSL

Giles Forecast

Tonight 24°C
Tomorrow 33°C
Thunderstorms

Now

28.3°C rising
Updated at 19:49 WST

Interior for Sunday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the east, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm, possibly severe with destructive winds, large hail and heavy rain which may lead to flash flooding. Winds NW/SW 25 to 35 km/h tending SE/SW in the evening.
Monday Partly cloudy. Medium (60%) chance of showers in the northeast, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Thunderstorms possible in the northeast, heavy at times in the far northeast. Winds S/SE 20 to 30 km/h.

Currently at Giles

Temperature 28.3°C rising
Dew Point 14.8°C falling
Feels Like 28.2°C
Relative Humidity 44%
Wind icon
SSE 5km/h steady
Wind Gusts 7km/h
Pressure 1009.4hPa rising
Fire Danger 8.0
Rain since 9am/last hr 0.0mm / -

Sun on Sunday

Sunrise sunrise
04:34 WST
Sunset sunset
18:16 WST

Nearby Now

Warburton 21.6°C
Uluru 28.8°C
Kintore 31.0°C

Next 12 hours in Giles

possible thunderstorm

9pm

Chance shower or storm
29°C
mostly cloudy

12am

Mostly cloudy
27°C
mostly clear

3am

Mostly clear
25°C
mostly cloudy

6am

Mostly cloudy
25°C
powered by Opticast

Interior Weather Warnings

WA - Sun 17:45 WST
Severe Thunderstorm Warning Damaging and Locally Destructive Winds, Large Hail and Heavy Rainfall for the South Interior Forecast District

WA - Sun 10:47 WST
Flooding Outlook Advice for WA

Western Australia weather update

Western Australia Weather Update

This video is updated each morning and afternoon.

Giles 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Sun
Dec 21
Mon
Dec 22
Tue
Dec 23
Wed
Dec 24
Thu
Dec 25
Fri
Dec 26
Sat
Dec 27
thunderstorms
Thunder-
storms
thunderstorms
Thunder-
storms
mostly sunny
Mostly sunny
mostly sunny
Mostly sunny
mostly sunny
Mostly sunny
sunny
Sunny
sunny
Sunny
Maximum 36°C 33°C 34°C 34°C 34°C 33°C 34°C
Minimum 23°C 24°C 20°C 20°C 21°C 19°C 19°C
Chance of Rain 70% 80% 30% 5% 5% 5% 10%
Rain Amount 1-5mm 1-5mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm
UV Index Extreme Extreme Extreme Extreme Extreme
Frost Risk Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 12
km/h
16
km/h
14
km/h
20
km/h
20
km/h
20
km/h
18
km/h
15
km/h
21
km/h
25
km/h
25
km/h
18
km/h
20
km/h
16
km/h
Wind Direction W 12km/h
W
NW 16km/h
NW
WNW 14km/h
WNW
WSW 20km/h
WSW
ESE 20km/h
ESE
SSE 20km/h
SSE
ENE 18km/h
ENE
SSE 15km/h
SSE
ESE 21km/h
ESE
SSE 25km/h
SSE
ESE 25km/h
ESE
SE 18km/h
SE
E 20km/h
E
SE 16km/h
SE
Relative Humidity 42% 30% 53% 41% 48% 27% 34% 22% 26% 16% 26% 14% 21% 11%
Dew Point 17°C 15°C 18°C 18°C 16°C 13°C 11°C 10°C 7°C 5°C 5°C 2°C 4°C 0°C

Giles Sun & Moon Times

Monday Next Occurrence
First Light Sunrise Sunset Last Light Moon Phase moon rise moon set first quarter full moon last quarter new moon
first light
04:08 WST
sunrise
04:34 WST
sunset
18:16 WST
last light
18:42 WST
moon
rise
Mon 04:38 WST
set
Mon 18:20 WST
moon
Mon
Dec 29
moon
Mon
Jan 5
moon
Tue
Jan 13
moon
Wed
Jan 21

Giles Past 5 Days

  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Sun
Dec 21
20.0°C - 0.6mm
Sat
Dec 20
19.9°C 29.9°C 40.2mm
Fri
Dec 19
23.0°C 36.0°C 0.6mm
Thu
Dec 18
20.2°C 35.7°C 24.4mm
Wed
Dec 17
21.9°C 36.7°C 9.2mm

Giles Year To Date

average rainfall to Dec
286.2mm
47.3 day(s)
total for 2014
343.6mm
42 day(s)
total to this day 2013
276.2mm
47 day(s)
wettest day
48.0mm
Apr 8
lowest temperature
-0.1°C
Aug 15
highest temperature
45.1°C
Dec 5

Giles Almanac

December minimum temperature
lowest this month
19.9°C
20th
lowest on record
9.5°C
2nd 1966
average this month
24.8°C
+2.9°C
long-term average
21.9°C
December maximum temperature
highest this month
45.1°C
5th
highest on record
44.8°C
27th 1986
average this month
40.1°C
+4.4°C
long-term average
35.7°C
December rainfall
wettest this month
40.2mm
20th
total this month
82.0mm
8 day(s)
long-term average
45.0mm
6.7 day(s)
wettest on record
327.4mm
2001
driest on record
0.8mm
1961

Umpangara Weather

Current Conditions

Forecasts

» Umpangara Weather on your Mobile

Site search


Enter a postcode or town name for local weather, or text to search the site. » advanced search

Anxious dogs drugged to cope with storm season in WA's north

ABC image 18:47 EDT Dog owners are increasingly turning to sedatives and anti-anxiety medication to soothe their highly strung pets, veterinarians say.

Help with Weatherzone