Fairfax Media Network

Patjarr Weather


25.99°S 128.34°E 564m AMSL

Giles Forecast

This morning 22°C
Today 31°C
thunderstorms

Now

24.9°C falling
Updated at 02:40 WST

Interior for Thursday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the northeast, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm with possible heavy falls. Winds SE/SW 15 to 25 km/h.
Friday Partly cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers in the north, medium (50%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm with possible heavy falls. Winds SE 20 to 30 km/h.

Currently at Giles

24-hour graph
Temperature 24.9°C falling
Dew Point 24.2°C rising
Feels Like 24.9°C
Relative Humidity 96%
Wind icon
W 9km/h rising
Wind Gusts 9km/h
Pressure 1006.8hPa steady
Fire Danger 1.3
Rain since 9am/last hr 3.4mm / -

Sun on Fri

more
Sunrise sunrise
04:54 WST
Sunset sunset
18:21 WST

Nearby Now

Warburton 24.4°C
Uluru 27.1°C
Kintore 27.0°C

Next 12 hours in Giles

48-hour forecast

3am

Shower. Chance storm
23°C

6am

Shower. Chance storm
24°C

9am

Chance shower or storm
27°C

12pm

Shower
30°C

Interior Weather Warnings

view all
There are no warnings current.

National Forecast

Giles 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Fri
Jan 20
Sat
Jan 21
Sun
Jan 22
Mon
Jan 23
Tue
Jan 24
Wed
Jan 25
Thu
Jan 26

Thunder-
storms

Thunder-
storms

Thunder-
storms

Thunder-
storms

Thunder-
storms

Mostly sunny

Late shower
Maximum 31°C 33°C 35°C 34°C 32°C 34°C 36°C
Minimum 22°C 22°C 23°C 23°C 23°C 20°C 22°C
Chance of Rain 90% 60% 70% 90% 90% 20% 50%
Rain Amount 1-5mm 1-5mm 1-5mm 1-5mm 1-5mm < 1mm 1-5mm
UV Index Extreme Extreme Extreme Extreme Extreme
Frost Risk Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 18
km/h
18
km/h
18
km/h
21
km/h
13
km/h
17
km/h
9
km/h
12
km/h
29
km/h
28
km/h
27
km/h
25
km/h
24
km/h
19
km/h
Wind Direction N 18km/h
N
N 18km/h
N
N 18km/h
N
NNW 21km/h
NNW
NNW 13km/h
NNW
NW 17km/h
NW
NW 9km/h
NW
W 12km/h
W
SE 29km/h
SE
SE 28km/h
SE
ESE 27km/h
ESE
SE 25km/h
SE
E 24km/h
E
ESE 19km/h
ESE
Relative Humidity 74% 58% 67% 48% 60% 43% 60% 46% 64% 53% 54% 41% 50% 39%
Dew Point 22°C 22°C 22°C 21°C 21°C 21°C 21°C 21°C 21°C 21°C 17°C 19°C 19°C 21°C

Giles Sun & Moon Times

Friday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon set moon rise New moon First quarter Full moon Last quarter
first light
04:29 WST
sunrise
04:54 WST
sunset
18:21 WST
last light
18:46 WST
moon
set
Fri 11:52 WST
rise
Fri 23:39 WST
moon
Sat
Jan 28
moon
Sat
Feb 4
moon
Sat
Feb 11
moon
Sun
Feb 19

Giles Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Thu
Jan 19
24.4°C - 7.0mm
Wed
Jan 18
24.6°C 36.3°C 0.2mm
Tue
Jan 17
22.9°C 37.0°C 0.0mm
Mon
Jan 16
22.7°C 33.5°C 13.4mm
Sun
Jan 15
19.9°C 33.9°C 0.0mm

Giles Year To Date

Average Rainfall To Jan
30.0mm
5.4 Day(s)
Total For 2017
72.4mm
9 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2016
55.6mm
7 Day(s)
Wettest Day
18.0mm
Jan 14
Lowest Temperature
19.9°C
Jan 15
Highest Temperature
38.4°C
Jan 5

Giles Almanac

full climatology
January Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
19.9°C
15th
Lowest On Record
11.7°C
13th 1983
Average This Month
23.2°C
-0.4°C
Long-term Average
23.6°C
January Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
38.4°C
5th
Highest On Record
45.7°C
16th 2013
Average This Month
35.2°C
-2.1°C
Long-term Average
37.3°C
January Rainfall
Wettest This Month
18.0mm
14th
Total This Month
72.4mm
9 Day(s)
Long-term Average
30.0mm
5.4 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
122.0mm
1973
Driest On Record
0.0mm
1965
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Severe weather warning for Tasmania's north-east, possible flash flooding

18:03 EDT

Severe weather predicted for Tasmania's north and east on Friday has prompted a public warning from emergency services.

Wet night ahead of Friday flood threat

15:00 EDT

Rain and storms could bring flooding to parts of southern and southeast Australia during the next 24 hours.

Monsoon likely for Darwin and Top End, bringing cooler temperatures, more rain

14:03 EDT

People in Darwin and other parts of the Top End may be about to get relief from recent hot weather, with the Bureau of Meteorology (BOM) predicting a monsoon trough will start to affect the area within days.