Fairfax Media Network

Mitchell Weather


Darwin Forecast

This morning 26°C
Today 34°C
possible_thunderstorm

Now

25.6°C steady
Updated at 05:20 CST

Darwin-Daly for Tuesday Partly cloudy. Slight (20%) chance of a shower. The chance of a thunderstorm with gusty winds. Winds NW 15 to 20 km/h becoming light in the evening. City Centre Partly cloudy. Chance of any rain: 20% Partly cloudy. Medium (60%) chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm. Light winds becoming N/NE 15 to 20 km/h during the day. City Centre Shower or two. Possible storm. Min 25 Max 33 Possible rainfall: 3 to 15 mm Chance of any rain: 60%.

Currently at Noonamah

24-hour graph
Temperature 25.6°C steady
Dew Point 24.5°C steady
Feels Like 27.1°C
Relative Humidity 94%
Wind icon
SSE 1km/h falling
Wind Gusts 2km/h
Pressure -
Fire Danger 1.2
Rain since 9am/last hr 0.0mm / -

Sun on Wed

more
Sunrise sunrise
06:13 CST
Sunset sunset
19:03 CST

Nearby Now

Middle Point 25.1°C
Batchelor Ap 25.5°C

Next 12 hours in Blaydin Point

48-hour forecast

6am

Mostly clear
28°C

9am

Mostly clear
30°C

12pm

Mostly clear
31°C

3pm

Slight chance storm
32°C

Darwin-Daly Weather Warnings

view all
There are no warnings current.

National Forecast

Darwin 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Wed
Dec 7
Thu
Dec 8
Fri
Dec 9
Sat
Dec 10
Sun
Dec 11
Mon
Dec 12
Tue
Dec 13

Possible thunderstorm

Possible thunderstorm

Possible thunderstorm

Possible thunderstorm

Possible thunderstorm

Possible thunderstorm

Possible thunderstorm
Maximum 34°C 35°C 35°C 35°C 34°C 33°C 33°C
Minimum 26°C 26°C 26°C 25°C 25°C 25°C 25°C
Chance of Rain 60% 50% 60% 70% 90% 90% 80%
Rain Amount < 1mm 1-5mm < 1mm 1-5mm 5-10mm 10-20mm 5-10mm
UV Index Extreme Extreme Extreme Extreme Extreme
Frost Risk Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 4
km/h
14
km/h
10
km/h
13
km/h
10
km/h
12
km/h
8
km/h
14
km/h
10
km/h
17
km/h
10
km/h
14
km/h
11
km/h
13
km/h
Wind Direction E 4km/h
E
NNW 14km/h
NNW
NNW 10km/h
NNW
NW 13km/h
NW
N 10km/h
N
NNW 12km/h
NNW
N 8km/h
N
NW 14km/h
NW
WNW 10km/h
WNW
NW 17km/h
NW
NE 10km/h
NE
NNW 14km/h
NNW
SE 11km/h
SE
WNW 13km/h
WNW
Relative Humidity 69% 59% 70% 59% 68% 57% 68% 59% 71% 59% 74% 63% 76% 63%
Dew Point 24°C 25°C 25°C 26°C 25°C 26°C 24°C 25°C 24°C 25°C 25°C 25°C 25°C 25°C

Darwin Sun & Moon Times

Wednesday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon rise moon set Full moon Last quarter New moon First quarter
first light
05:50 CST
sunrise
06:13 CST
sunset
19:03 CST
last light
19:26 CST
moon
rise
Wed 12:31 CST
set
Thu 01:06 CST
moon
Wed
Dec 14
moon
Wed
Dec 21
moon
Thu
Dec 29
moon
Fri
Jan 6

Noonamah Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Tue
Dec 6
25.1°C 36°C 0.0mm
Mon
Dec 5
25.0°C 36.1°C 0.0mm
Sun
Dec 4
24.9°C 36.0°C 0.2mm
Sat
Dec 3
25.4°C 33.9°C 1.6mm
Fri
Dec 2
24.5°C 35.0°C 1.2mm

Darwin Ap Year To Date

Average Rainfall To Dec
1727.4mm
113.0 Day(s)
Total For 2016
964.2mm
103 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2015
1237.4mm
84 Day(s)
Wettest Day
82.0mm
Nov 23
Lowest Temperature
13.3°C
Aug 5
Highest Temperature
37.5°C
Oct 8

Darwin Ap Almanac

full climatology
December Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
25.3°C
2nd
Lowest On Record
19.8°C
4th 1974
Average This Month
25.6°C
+0.3°C
Long-term Average
25.3°C
December Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
35.2°C
4th
Highest On Record
37.0°C
18th 1976
Average This Month
34.0°C
+1.4°C
Long-term Average
32.6°C
December Rainfall
Wettest This Month
8.6mm
3rd
Total This Month
9.8mm
2 Day(s)
Long-term Average
248.9mm
16.9 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
664.5mm
1974
Driest On Record
18.8mm
1991
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Top End residents could be waiting until Christmas for a bit of rain relief

18:43 EDT

Top End residents are unlikely to be relieved of the oppressive hot and humid build up conditions until Christmas, because the rain-bringing La NiƱa weather pattern is unlikely to eventuate in coming months, the Bureau of Meteorology has warned.

One dead after Mt Warning campers struck by lightning, rescue operation underway

15:52 EDT

An international tourist has died and a woman has been injured after being hit by lightning while camping at Mt Warning, on the NSW north coast, police say.

Hot and stormy start to summer in NSW

15:50 EDT

The opening week of summer has been a hot and thundery mix in New South Wales and there is more to come.