Fairfax Media Network

White Gums Weather


23.75°S 133.76°E 572m AMSL

Alice Springs Forecast

Tonight 25°C
Tomorrow 36°C
possible_thunderstorm

Now

34.0°C falling
Updated at 19:20 CST

Alice Springs for Friday Partly cloudy. Medium (40%) chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm. Light winds. Chance of any rain: 40% Mostly sunny morning. Slight (20%) chance of a shower later in the day. The chance of a thunderstorm later in the day. Light winds. Possible rainfall: 0 mm Chance of any rain: 20%.
Saturday Partly cloudy. Medium (60%) chance of showers, most likely in the afternoon and evening. The chance of a thunderstorm. Light winds.

Currently at Alice Springs Ap

24-hour graph
Temperature 34.0°C falling
Dew Point 18.4°C falling
Feels Like 35.2°C
Relative Humidity 39%
Wind icon
NW 14km/h rising
Wind Gusts 17km/h
Pressure 1006.5hPa rising
Fire Danger 14.4
Rain since 9am/last hr 0.0mm / -

Sun on Fri

more
Sunrise sunrise
06:04 CST
Sunset sunset
19:27 CST

Nearby Now

Uluru 28.0°C

Next 12 hours in Alice Springs

48-hour forecast

9pm

Chance shower or storm
31°C

12am

Chance shower or storm
28°C

3am

Chance shower or storm
26°C

6am

Chance shower or storm
25°C

Alice Springs Weather Warnings

view all
NT - Fri 12:55 CST
Flood Watch for Western and Central Inland Rivers

National Forecast

Alice Springs 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Fri
Jan 20
Sat
Jan 21
Sun
Jan 22
Mon
Jan 23
Tue
Jan 24
Wed
Jan 25
Thu
Jan 26

Possible thunderstorm

Possible thunderstorm

Possible thunderstorm

Possible thunderstorm

Possible thunderstorm

Possible thunderstorm

Possible thunderstorm
Maximum 37°C 36°C 36°C 35°C 34°C 31°C 33°C
Minimum 25°C 25°C 25°C 25°C 25°C 23°C 23°C
Chance of Rain 90% 80% 80% 80% 90% 90% 40%
Rain Amount 5-10mm 5-10mm 1-5mm 10-20mm 20-40mm 1-5mm < 1mm
UV Index Extreme Extreme Extreme Extreme Extreme
Frost Risk Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 20
km/h
13
km/h
7
km/h
5
km/h
6
km/h
5
km/h
7
km/h
7
km/h
9
km/h
16
km/h
18
km/h
19
km/h
20
km/h
21
km/h
Wind Direction NW 20km/h
NW
NW 13km/h
NW
W 7km/h
W
N 5km/h
N
NW 6km/h
NW
NE 5km/h
NE
NW 7km/h
NW
NNW 7km/h
NNW
S 9km/h
S
SSE 16km/h
SSE
SSE 18km/h
SSE
SSE 19km/h
SSE
SE 20km/h
SE
ESE 21km/h
ESE
Relative Humidity 56% 35% 64% 37% 62% 42% 61% 40% 71% 57% 80% 59% 72% 48%
Dew Point 20°C 19°C 22°C 19°C 22°C 22°C 22°C 20°C 24°C 24°C 22°C 22°C 21°C 21°C

Alice Springs Sun & Moon Times

Saturday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon rise moon set New moon First quarter Full moon Last quarter
first light
05:40 CST
sunrise
06:05 CST
sunset
19:27 CST
last light
19:51 CST
moon
rise
Sat 00:47 CST
set
Sat 13:47 CST
moon
Sat
Jan 28
moon
Sat
Feb 4
moon
Sat
Feb 11
moon
Sun
Feb 19

Alice Springs Ap Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Fri
Jan 20
26.2°C 37°C 0.0mm
Thu
Jan 19
26.1°C 37.0°C 0.0mm
Wed
Jan 18
25.6°C 35.7°C 0.0mm
Tue
Jan 17
24.5°C 35.3°C 0.0mm
Mon
Jan 16
20.3°C 36.5°C 0.8mm

Alice Springs Ap Year To Date

Average Rainfall To Jan
38.5mm
4.7 Day(s)
Total For 2017
34.0mm
5 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2016
20.6mm
7 Day(s)
Wettest Day
30.6mm
Jan 14
Lowest Temperature
18.1°C
Jan 3
Highest Temperature
39.0°C
Jan 9

Alice Springs Ap Almanac

full climatology
January Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
18.1°C
3rd
Lowest On Record
10.0°C
3rd 1970
Average This Month
23.3°C
+1.8°C
Long-term Average
21.5°C
January Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
39.0°C
9th
Highest On Record
45.2°C
3rd 1960
Average This Month
35.4°C
-1.0°C
Long-term Average
36.4°C
January Rainfall
Wettest This Month
30.6mm
14th
Total This Month
34.0mm
5 Day(s)
Long-term Average
38.5mm
4.7 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
251.4mm
2001
Driest On Record
0.0mm
1965
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Kimberley cattle country soaked by January rains in great start to season

18:55 EDT

Cattle stations in the Kimberley region of Western Australia have had an extremely wet start to 2017.

SA weather: Thousands without power after wild storms cross state

17:26 EDT

Thousands of properties are without power in South Australia, with Adelaide being the hardest hit, after a storm front crossed the state last night.

Adelaide's sodden summer

17:04 EDT

Adelaide is having the wettest summer to date in more than half a century.