Fairfax Media Network

Nimmo Weather


36.18°S 148.62°E 1102m AMSL

Cooma Forecast

Today 17°C
Tonight 3°C
mostly_sunny

Now

14.6°C falling
Updated at 16:40 EST

Snowy Mountains for Tuesday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of rain about the alpine peaks this evening, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm. Winds N/NW 15 to 25 km/h.

Currently at Cooma Ap

24-hour graph
Temperature 14.6°C falling
Dew Point 4.0°C falling
Feels Like 14.3°C
Relative Humidity 49%
Wind icon
NNW 9km/h rising
Wind Gusts 11km/h
Pressure 1016.9hPa falling
Fire Danger 4.6
Rain since 9am/last hr 0.2mm / -

Sun on Tue

more
Sunrise sunrise
07:00 EST
Sunset sunset
17:01 EST

Nearby Now

Cabramurra 7.1°C
Khancoban 13.5°C
Thredbo Top Station 3.8°C

Next 12 hours in Cooma

48-hour forecast

6pm

Mostly clear
10°C

9pm

Mostly cloudy
7°C

12am

Slight chance storm
6°C

3am

Chance shower or storm
5°C

Snowy Mountains Weather Warnings

view all
There are no warnings current.

National Forecast

Cooma 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Tue
May 23
Wed
May 24
Thu
May 25
Fri
May 26
Sat
May 27
Sun
May 28
Mon
May 29

Mostly sunny

Showers

Frost then sunny

Frost then sunny

Frost then sunny

Possible shower

Frost then sunny
Maximum 17°C 14°C 15°C 16°C 16°C 15°C 11°C
Minimum -1°C 3°C 1°C 0°C 1°C 2°C -1°C
Chance of Rain 70% 5% 5% 5% 5% 60% 20%
Rain Amount 1-5mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm
UV Index Moderate Low Low Low Moderate
Frost Risk Severe Moderate High High High Moderate Severe
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 15
km/h
16
km/h
20
km/h
25
km/h
11
km/h
14
km/h
11
km/h
12
km/h
15
km/h
20
km/h
26
km/h
29
km/h
21
km/h
23
km/h
Wind Direction N 15km/h
N
NNW 16km/h
NNW
W 20km/h
W
W 25km/h
W
NW 11km/h
NW
W 14km/h
W
NW 11km/h
NW
S 12km/h
S
NNW 15km/h
NNW
NNW 20km/h
NNW
NNW 26km/h
NNW
NW 29km/h
NW
WNW 21km/h
WNW
W 23km/h
W
Relative Humidity 83% 53% 86% 56% 86% 52% 85% 54% 86% 48% 75% 57% 79% 53%
Dew Point 5°C 7°C 6°C 5°C 5°C 5°C 5°C 7°C 6°C 5°C 4°C 6°C 1°C 2°C

Cooma Sun & Moon Times

Tuesday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon rise moon set New moon First quarter Full moon Last quarter
first light
06:32 EST
sunrise
07:00 EST
sunset
17:01 EST
last light
17:29 EST
moon
rise
Wed 04:36 EST
set
Wed 16:04 EST
moon
Fri
May 26
moon
Thu
Jun 1
moon
Fri
Jun 9
moon
Sat
Jun 17

Cooma Ap Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Tue
May 23
-0.7°C 18°C 0.2mm
Mon
May 22
-1.8°C 14.8°C 0.0mm
Sun
May 21
-0.7°C 14.7°C 0.0mm
Sat
May 20
7.2°C 16.0°C 55.4mm
Fri
May 19
2.0°C 12.7°C 0.0mm

Cooma Ap Year To Date

Average Rainfall To May
222.3mm
47.7 Day(s)
Total For 2017
186.4mm
46 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2016
240.8mm
56 Day(s)
Wettest Day
55.4mm
May 20
Lowest Temperature
-5.9°C
May 4
Highest Temperature
36.8°C
Feb 10

Cooma Ap Almanac

full climatology
May Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
-5.9°C
4th
Lowest On Record
-9.5°C
16th 1999
Average This Month
-0.3°C
-0.9°C
Long-term Average
0.6°C
May Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
18.0°C
23rd
Highest On Record
23.8°C
1st 1997
Average This Month
14.6°C
+0.5°C
Long-term Average
14.1°C
May Rainfall
Wettest This Month
55.4mm
20th
Total This Month
57.6mm
6 Day(s)
Long-term Average
27.7mm
10.5 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
93.6mm
1983
Driest On Record
2.6mm
2013
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Perth finally sees string of wet days

16:21 EST

Perth has received more rain during the last four days than the last two and a half months combined.

Foggy starts as winter looms

15:46 EST

Fog is a sure sign that winter is on the way and there was plenty of it across the country this morning.

AuctionsPlus Queensland sheep listings double, due to low rainfall and rising prices

12:16 EST

The number of Queensland sheep offered in online sales has doubled week-on-week this fortnight, as producers respond to dry times and a stronger market.