Fairfax Media Network

Bocobra Weather


33.10°S 148.54°E 577m AMSL

Parkes Forecast

Today 24°C
Tonight 14°C
possible_shower

Now

22.4°C falling
Updated at 16:30 EST

CW Slopes & Plains for Saturday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers on the northern slopes, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm in the north. Light winds.

Currently at Parkes Ap

24-hour graph
Temperature 22.4°C falling
Dew Point 17.3°C rising
Feels Like 22.4°C
Relative Humidity 73%
Wind icon
N 16km/h rising
Wind Gusts 24km/h
Pressure 1016.9hPa steady
Fire Danger 3.2
Rain since 9am/last hr 0.0mm / -

Sun on Sat

more
Sunrise sunrise
06:40 EST
Sunset sunset
17:28 EST

Nearby Now

Orange Ap 16.5°C
Forbes Ap 23.1°C
Cowra Ap 21.7°C
Dubbo Ap 22.1°C

Next 12 hours in Parkes

48-hour forecast

6pm

Mostly clear
20°C

9pm

Mostly clear
15°C

12am

Chance shower
15°C

3am

Chance shower
16°C

CW Slopes & Plains Weather Warnings

view all
There are no warnings current.

New South Wales/ACT Weather Update

This video is updated each morning and afternoon.

Parkes 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Sat
Apr 30
Sun
May 1
Mon
May 2
Tue
May 3
Wed
May 4
Thu
May 5
Fri
May 6

Possible shower

Clearing shower

Mostly sunny

Sunny

Mostly sunny

Mostly sunny

Sunny
Maximum 24°C 23°C 20°C 21°C 22°C 23°C 24°C
Minimum 14°C 14°C 4°C 5°C 7°C 7°C 8°C
Chance of Rain 80% 70% 30% 10% 5% 20% 40%
Rain Amount 5-10mm 1-5mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm
UV Index Moderate Moderate Moderate Moderate Moderate
Frost Risk Nil Nil Slight Slight Nil Nil Nil
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 17
km/h
16
km/h
25
km/h
26
km/h
6
km/h
12
km/h
10
km/h
20
km/h
10
km/h
13
km/h
9
km/h
10
km/h
10
km/h
11
km/h
Wind Direction N 17km/h
N
NNW 16km/h
NNW
NW 25km/h
NW
W 26km/h
W
E 6km/h
E
WNW 12km/h
WNW
NW 10km/h
NW
WNW 20km/h
WNW
SW 10km/h
SW
WNW 13km/h
WNW
N 9km/h
N
NW 10km/h
NW
NW 10km/h
NW
WNW 11km/h
WNW
Relative Humidity 85% 66% 80% 54% 59% 41% 55% 38% 55% 42% 56% 38% 54% 37%
Dew Point 16°C 17°C 17°C 13°C 5°C 6°C 6°C 6°C 7°C 9°C 8°C 8°C 8°C 9°C

Parkes Sun & Moon Times

Saturday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon rise moon set New moon First quarter Full moon Last quarter
first light
06:14 EST
sunrise
06:40 EST
sunset
17:28 EST
last light
17:54 EST
moon
rise
Sun 00:07 EST
set
Sun 13:40 EST
moon
Sat
May 7
moon
Sat
May 14
moon
Sun
May 22
moon
Sun
May 29

Parkes Ap Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Sat
Apr 30
16.5°C 23°C 36.4mm
Fri
Apr 29
13.2°C 27.5°C 0.0mm
Thu
Apr 28
11.9°C 27.5°C 0.0mm
Wed
Apr 27
14.0°C 27.0°C 0.0mm
Tue
Apr 26
10.4°C 26.6°C 0.0mm

Parkes Ap Year To Date

Average Rainfall To Apr
213.6mm
22.9 Day(s)
Total For 2016
157.6mm
23 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2015
138.6mm
35 Day(s)
Wettest Day
36.4mm
Apr 30
Lowest Temperature
4.4°C
Apr 10
Highest Temperature
42.7°C
Jan 13

Parkes Ap Almanac

full climatology
April Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
4.4°C
10th
Lowest On Record
-3.0°C
22nd 2006
Average This Month
10.6°C
+1.3°C
Long-term Average
9.3°C
April Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
34.5°C
6th
Highest On Record
33.0°C
8th 1998
Average This Month
27.4°C
+3.4°C
Long-term Average
24.0°C
April Rainfall
Wettest This Month
36.4mm
30th
Total This Month
41.2mm
6 Day(s)
Long-term Average
29.9mm
5.0 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
135.2mm
1974
Driest On Record
1.0mm
2005
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Cyclone season wrap-up

13:14 EST

Today marks the final day of Australia's tropical cyclone season, and it has been an absolute fizzer.

Wild weather on the way for Victoria and Tasmania

12:48 EST

As a deep low and cold front approaches Australia's southeast, Victoria and Tasmania are preparing for the brunt of the nasty weather.

Wild dogs have reached 'epidemic' levels, according to a western Queensland grazier

16:42 EST

A western Queensland grazier believes wild dogs have reached epidemic levels in her region.