Weather Warnings - Severe Thunderstorm Warning
Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
Severe Thunderstorm Warning
for the Lower West, South Coastal, South East Coastal, Great Southern and
Central Wheat Belt forecast districts.
Issued at 9:07 pm WST on Tuesday 24 February 2015.
For people in parts of WA in an area bounded by Narrogin to Katanning to Bremer Bay to Ravensthorpe to Hyden to Narrogin.
The Severe Thunderstorm Warning for the Lower West, South Coastal, South East
Coastal, Great Southern and Central Wheat Belt forecast districts has been
cancelled, but the situation will continue to be monitored and further alerts
will be issued if necessary. Thunderstorms are continuing in this region and
although gusty winds and heavy showers are possible, SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS ARE
NO LONGER EXPECTED.
The Department of Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
- Keep away from flooded drains, rivers, streams and waterways.
- Be careful of fallen trees, damaged buildings and debris.
- Be careful of fallen power lines. They are dangerous and should always be
treated as live.
- Assess your home, car and property for damage.
- If damage has occurred take photos and contact your insurance company to
organise permanent repairs.
- If your home or property has significant damage, like a badly damaged roof or
flooding, call the SES on 132 500.
The immediate threat of severe thunderstorms has passed, but the situation will
continue to be monitored and further warnings issued if necessary.
This warning is also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's
web site at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 213.
The Bureau and Department of Fire and Emergency Services would appreciate this
warning being broadcast regularly.