Weather Warnings - Severe Thunderstorm Warning
Severe Thunderstorm Warning
for the Lower West, South Coastal, South East Coastal, Great Southern and
Central Wheat Belt forecast districts.
Issued at 9:37 pm WST on Saturday 23 January 2016.
People in parts of WA in an area bounded by Gingin to Southern Cross to Esperance along the coast to Bremer Bay to Collie and back to Gingin. This includes people in, near or between York and Narrogin. This does NOT include people in the Perth Metropolitan Area, Katanning, Esperance and Southern Cross.
The Severe Thunderstorm Warning for the Lower West, South Coastal, South East
Coastal, Great Southern and Central Wheat Belt forecast districts has been
cancelled, but the situation will continue to be monitored and further alerts
will be issued if necessary.
The Department of Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
- Keep away from flooded drains, rivers, streams and waterways.
- Be careful of fallen trees, damaged buildings and debris.
- Be careful of fallen power lines. They are dangerous and should always be
treated as live.
- Assess your home, car and property for damage.
- If damage has occurred take photos and contact your insurance company to
organise permanent repairs.
- If your home or property has significant damage, like a badly damaged roof or
flooding, call the SES on 132 500.
The immediate threat of severe thunderstorms has passed, but the situation will
continue to be monitored and further warnings issued if necessary.
This warning is also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's
web site at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 213.
The Bureau and Department of Fire and Emergency Services would appreciate this
warning being broadcast regularly.