Weather Warnings - Severe Thunderstorm Warning
Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
Severe Thunderstorm Warning
for the Pilbara, Gascoyne and Central West forecast districts.
Issued at 7:39 pm WST on Friday 27 March 2015.
People in parts of WA west of a line from Dongara to Paynes Find to Mt Augustus to Nanutarra to Coral Bay are advised that the severe thunderstorm warning has been cancelled.
The Severe Thunderstorm Warning for the Pilbara, Gascoyne and Central West
forecast districts has been cancelled, but the situation will continue to be
monitored and further alerts will be issued if necessary.
The Department of Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
- Keep away from flooded drains, rivers, streams and waterways.
- Be careful of fallen trees, damaged buildings and debris.
- Be careful of fallen power lines. They are dangerous and should always be
treated as live.
- Assess your home, car and property for damage.
- If damage has occurred take photos and contact your insurance company to
organise permanent repairs.
- If your home or property has significant damage, like a badly damaged roof or
flooding, call the SES on 132 500.
The immediate threat of severe thunderstorms has passed, but the situation will
continue to be monitored and further warnings issued if necessary.
This warning is also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's
web site at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 213.
The Bureau and Department of Fire and Emergency Services would appreciate this
warning being broadcast regularly.