Weather Warnings - Severe Thunderstorm Warning
Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
Severe Thunderstorm Warning
for the Eucla, North Interior and South Interior forecast districts.
Issued at 9:11 pm WST on Monday 7 April 2014.
For people in parts of WA east of a line from Balgo Hills to Carnegie to Forrest.
The Severe Thunderstorm Warning for the Eucla, North Interior and South
Interior forecast districts has been cancelled, but the situation will continue
to be monitored and further alerts will be issued if necessary.
Thunderstorms are continuing in this region with possible strong gusts, hail
and heavy rainfall.
The Department of Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
- Keep away from flooded drains, rivers, streams and waterways.
- Be careful of fallen trees, damaged buildings and debris.
- Be careful of fallen power lines. They are dangerous and should always be
treated as live.
- Assess your home, car and property for damage.
- If damage has occurred take photos and contact your insurance company to
organise permanent repairs.
- If your home or property has significant damage, like a badly damaged roof or
flooding, call the SES on 132 500.
The immediate threat of severe thunderstorms has passed, but the situation will
continue to be monitored and further warnings issued if necessary.
This warning is also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's
web site at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 213.
The Bureau and Department of Fire and Emergency Services would appreciate this
warning being broadcast regularly.