Weather Warnings - Severe Thunderstorm Warning
Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
Severe Thunderstorm Warning
for the South Interior forecast district.
Issued at 8:35 pm WST on Sunday 21 December 2014.
For people in parts of WA in an area bounded by Forrest to Laverton to Carnegie to Warburton are advised that the Severe Thunderstorm Warning has been CANCELLED.
Thunderstorms are continuing in this region and although gusty winds, small
hail, and heavy showers are possible, SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS ARE NO LONGER
The Department of Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
- Keep away from flooded drains, rivers, streams and waterways.
- Be careful of fallen trees, damaged buildings and debris.
- Be careful of fallen power lines. They are dangerous and should always be
treated as live.
- Assess your home, car and property for damage.
- If damage has occurred take photos and contact your insurance company to
organise permanent repairs.
- If your home or property has significant damage, like a badly damaged roof or
flooding, call the SES on 132 500.
The immediate threat of severe thunderstorms has passed, but the situation will
continue to be monitored and further warnings issued if necessary.
This warning is also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's
web site at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 213.
The Bureau and Department of Fire and Emergency Services would appreciate this
warning being broadcast regularly.