Weather Warnings - Severe Weather Warning
Severe Weather Warning
for people in the Goldfields and Eucla forecast districts.
Issued at 10:31 pm WST on Saturday 21 May 2016.
People in parts of WA southeast of a line from Israelite Bay to Menzies to Forrest are advised that the warning has been CANCELLED.
While gusty winds are still possible for the next few hours, severe winds are
no longer expected.
The Department of Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
- Keep away from flooded drains, rivers, streams and waterways.
- Be careful of fallen trees, damaged buildings and debris.
- Be careful of fallen power lines. They are dangerous and should always be
treated as live.
- Assess your home, car and property for damage.
- If damage has occurred take photos and contact your insurance company to
organise permanent repairs.
If your home or property has significant damage, like a badly damaged roof or flooding, call the SES on 132 500.
No further warnings will be issued for this event.
This warning is also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's
web site at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 213.
The Bureau and Department of Fire and Emergency Services would appreciate this
warning being broadcast regularly.