Weather Warnings - Severe Weather Warning
Severe Weather Warning
for people in the Goldfields, Eucla, South Interior and South East Coastal
Issued at 10:25 pm WST on Sunday 21 June 2015.
People in parts of WA south of a line from Israelite Bay to Norseman to Menzies to Carnegie to Forrest to Eucla are advised that the Severe Weather Warning for damaging winds has been CANCELLED.
A trough moving across the southeast of the state is still producing
thunderstorms however is weakening and damaging winds are no longer expected.
Gusty winds are still possible in showers and thunderstorms.
The immediate threat of severe weather has passed, but the situation will
continue to be monitored and further warnings issued if necessary.
The Department of Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
- Keep away from flooded drains, rivers, streams and waterways.
- Be careful of fallen trees, damaged buildings and debris.
- Be carefull of fallen power lines. They are dangerous and should always be
treated as live.
- Assess your home, car and property for damage.
- If damage has occurred take photos and contact your insurance company to
organise permanent repairs.
If your home or property has significant damage, like a badly damaged roof or flooding, call the SES on 132 500.
No further warnings will be issued for this event.
This warning is also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's
web site at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 213.
The Bureau and Department of Fire and Emergency Services would appreciate this
warning being broadcast regularly.