Weather Warnings - Severe Weather Warning
Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
Severe Weather Warning
for people in the Goldfields, Eucla and South East Coastal forecast districts.
Issued at 6:03 pm WST on Saturday 27 September 2014.
People in parts of WA south of a line from Esperance to Kalgoorlie to Balgair to Eyre are advised that the warning has been CANCELLED.
While fresh to strong and gusty winds will continue in the area this evening,
damaging winds are no longer expected.
Wind gusts of 91 kilometres per hour have been reported from Norseman at 3:30
The Department of Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
- Keep away from flooded drains, rivers, streams and waterways.
- Be careful of fallen trees, damaged buildings and debris.
- Be carefull of fallen power lines. They are dangerous and should always be
treated as live.
- Assess your home, car and property for damage.
- If damage has occurred take photos and contact your insurance company to
organise permanent repairs.
If your home or property has significant damage, like a badly damaged roof or flooding, call the SES on 132 500.
No further warnings will be issued for this event.
This warning is also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's
web site at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 213.
The Bureau and Department of Fire and Emergency Services would appreciate this
warning being broadcast regularly.