Weather Warnings - Severe Weather Warning
Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
Severe Weather Warning
for people in the South West, South Coastal and Great Southern forecast
Issued at 7:32 am WST on Saturday 27 September 2014.
People in parts of WA southwest of a line from Bunbury to Katanning to Bremer Bay are advised that the severe weather warning has been CANCELLED.
The passage of a cold front during Saturday morning will continue to produce
fresh to strong winds and rain, but damaging winds are no longer expected.
FLOOD WATCHES have been issued for the South West District and southern parts
of the Lower West District, please refer to the latest FLOOD WATCHES for
The Department of Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
- Keep away from flooded drains, rivers, streams and waterways.
- Be careful of fallen trees, damaged buildings and debris.
- Be carefull of fallen power lines. They are dangerous and should always be
treated as live.
- Assess your home, car and property for damage.
- If damage has occurred take photos and contact your insurance company to
organise permanent repairs.
If your home or property has significant damage, like a badly damaged roof or flooding, call the SES on 132 500.
No further warnings will be issued for this event.
This warning is also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's
web site at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 213.
The Bureau and Department of Fire and Emergency Services would appreciate this
warning being broadcast regularly.