Weather Warnings - Severe Weather Warning
Severe Weather Warning
for people in the Goldfields and Eucla forecast districts.
Issued at 6:48 pm WST on Saturday 8 October 2016.
For people in parts of WA in an area bounded by Eyre to Kalgoorlie to Norseman to Israelite Bay and back along the coast to Eyre. This includes people in or near Balladonia.
The Severe Weather Warning for the Goldfields and Eucla forecast districts has
been cancelled, but the situation will continue to be monitored and further
warnings will be issued if necessary.
The Department of Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
- Keep away from flooded drains, rivers, streams and waterways.
- Be careful of fallen trees, damaged buildings and debris.
- Be careful of fallen power lines. They are dangerous and should always be
treated as live.
- Assess your home, car and property for damage.
- If damage has occurred take photos and contact your insurance company to
organise permanent repairs.
If your home or property has significant damage, like a badly damaged roof or flooding, call the SES on 132 500.
No further warnings will be issued for this event.
This warning is also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's
web site at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 213.
The Bureau and Department of Fire and Emergency Services would appreciate this
warning being broadcast regularly.
Parts of Central NT have had their hottest morning in 7 years.
Sydney is getting set for a scorching January, with a warm-up early next week.