Weather Warnings - Fire Weather Warning
Fire Weather Warning
for the Furneaux Islands, North East, East Coast, Midlands, Upper Derwent
Valley and South East forecast districts.
Issued at 10:23 am EST on Tuesday 6 October 2015.
Temperatures in the high twenties to low thirties, low relative humidity, and
northwest winds averaging 40 to 50km/h are expected. Wind gusts may reach
100km/h during the day in the east and south.
For the rest of Tuesday 6 October:
Severe Fire Danger is forecast for the following forecast districts:
North East, East Coast, Midlands, Upper Derwent Valley and South East
Very High Fire Danger is forecast for the following forecast district:
The Tasmania Fire Service advises you to:
- Check your bushfire survival plan - Now.
- Monitor the fire and weather situation on ABC radio or through
- If power supplies fail, listen on your car radio.
The Tasmania Fire Service advises that if you are in an area of Very High or
Severe Fire Danger:
- Get ready now to leave for a safe place.
- Leave immediately if fire breaks out near you.
- Only stay if your home is well prepared to withstand fire and you can actively
No further warnings will be issued for this event, but the situation will
continue to be monitored and further warnings issued if necessary.
The start of spring has been unusually dry across most of New South Wales.