Weather Warnings - Severe Thunderstorm Warning
Bureau of Meteorology
Queensland Regional Office
TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING
for DAMAGING WIND and LARGE HAILSTONES
For people in parts of the
Central Highlands and Coalfields Forecast District.
Issued at 7:54 pm Tuesday, 27 January 2015.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds and large hailstones
in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected
include Blackwater, Taroom, Rolleston, Baralaba, Duaringa and Leura.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.
The next warning is due to be issued by 10:55 pm.
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's
website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 219. The Bureau and Queensland Fire
and Emergency Services would appreciate warnings being broadcast regularly.