Weather Warnings - Fire Weather Warning
Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
Fire Weather Warning
for the Darling Downs and Granite Belt forecast district.
Issued at 5:11 pm EST on Tuesday 28 October 2014.
A surface trough situated over the southeastern interior of Queensland is
expected to continue moving slowly eastwards. Hot, dry and gusty winds
associated with the trough are expected to cause Severe Fire Dangers for the
Darling Downs and Granite Belt district, decreasing this evening.
For the rest of Tuesday 28 October:
Severe Fire Danger is forecast for the following forecast district:
Darling Downs and Granite Belt
The Rural Fire Service Queensland advises that fires may be unpredictable,
uncontrollable and fast-moving.
The Rural Fire Service Queensland advises you to:
- Check your bushfire survival plan - Now.
- Monitor the fire and weather situation in any way you can through
www.ruralfire.qld.gov.au and www.bom.gov.au, television or radio.
- Call Triple Zero if you see a fire.
The Rural Fire Service Queensland advises that if you are in an area of Severe
- Leaving is the safest option for your survival.
- If you plan to leave finalise your options and leave early on the day.
- Only stay if your home is well prepared and well constructed and you can
actively defend it.
- Prepare for the emotional, mental and physical impact of defending your
property - if in doubt, leave early.
For information on Fire Bans and how to Prepare. Act. Survive. Visit the Rural
Fire Service web page at www.ruralfire.qld.gov.au or call the hotline on 1800
No further warnings will be issued for this event, but the situation will
continue to be monitored and further warnings issued if necessary.