Weather Warnings - Fire Weather Warning
Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
Fire Weather Warning
for the Channel Country and Maranoa and Warrego forecast districts.
Issued at 2:34 pm EST on Monday 9 December 2013.
A surface trough moving eastwards across the southwest of the state today and
tomorrow. Fresh and gusty winds with dry air are forecast to cause Severe Fire
Dangers in the southwest of the state.
For the rest of Monday 9 December:
Severe Fire Danger in the following forecast districts:
Channel Country and Maranoa and Warrego
For Tuesday 10 December:
Severe Fire Danger is forecast for the following forecast district:
The Rural Fire Service Queensland advises that fires may be unpredictable,
uncontrollable and fast-moving.
The Rural Fire Service Queensland advises you to:
- Check your bushfire survival plan - Now.
- Monitor the fire and weather situation in any way you can through
www.ruralfire.qld.gov.au and www.bom.gov.au, television or radio.
- Call Triple Zero if you see a fire.
The Rural Fire Service Queensland advises that if you are in an area of Severe
- Leaving is the safest option for your survival.
- If you plan to leave finalise your options and leave early on the day.
- Only stay if your home is well prepared and well constructed and you can
actively defend it.
- Prepare for the emotional, mental and physical impact of defending your
property - if in doubt, leave early.
For information on Fire Bans and how to Prepare. Act. Survive. Visit the Rural
Fire Service web page at www.ruralfire.qld.gov.au or call the hotline on 1800
The next warning will be issued by 5:00 am EST Tuesday.