Weather Warnings - Fire Weather Warning
Fire Weather Warning
for the Central Highlands and Coalfields forecast district.
Issued at 4:12 am EST on Monday 5 October 2015.
A high pressure off Queensland's southeast coast will push dry, and sometimes
gusty easterly winds over the interior of the state.
For the rest of Monday 5 October:
Severe Fire Danger is forecast for the following forecast district:
Central Highlands and Coalfields
The Rural Fire Service Queensland advises that fires may be unpredictable,
uncontrollable and fast-moving.
The Rural Fire Service Queensland advises you to:
- Check your bushfire survival plan - Now.
- Monitor the fire and weather situation in any way you can through
www.ruralfire.qld.gov.au and www.bom.gov.au, television or radio.
- Call Triple Zero if you see a fire.
The Rural Fire Service Queensland advises that if you are in an area of Severe
- Leaving is the safest option for your survival.
- If you plan to leave finalise your options and leave early on the day.
- Only stay if your home is well prepared and well constructed and you can
actively defend it.
- Prepare for the emotional, mental and physical impact of defending your
property - if in doubt, leave early.
For more information on Fire Bans please call the Fire Ban Hotline on 1800 020
440. For more information on Prepare. Act. Survive., or how to complete your
Bushfire Survival Plan, please visit the Rural Fire Service Queensland web page
No further warnings will be issued for this event, but the situation will
continue to be monitored and further warnings issued if necessary.
Adelaide residents will be swapping singlets for sweaters from Sunday.