Weather Warnings - Fire Weather Warning
Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
Fire Weather Warning
for the Northern Goldfields and Upper Flinders forecast district.
Issued at 4:20 am EST on Wednesday 1 October 2014.
A trough over western Queensland will weaken later in the day. A high pressure
system over South Australia will push fresh and gusty southeasterly winds
across Queensland's interior during this afternoon.
For the rest of Wednesday 1 October:
Severe Fire Danger is forecast for the following forecast district:
Northern Goldfields and Upper Flinders
The Rural Fire Service Queensland advises that fires may be unpredictable,
uncontrollable and fast-moving.
The Rural Fire Service Queensland advises you to:
- Check your bushfire survival plan - Now.
- Monitor the fire and weather situation in any way you can through
www.ruralfire.qld.gov.au and www.bom.gov.au, television or radio.
- Call Triple Zero if you see a fire.
The Rural Fire Service Queensland advises that if you are in an area of Severe
- Leaving is the safest option for your survival.
- If you plan to leave finalise your options and leave early on the day.
- Only stay if your home is well prepared and well constructed and you can
actively defend it.
- Prepare for the emotional, mental and physical impact of defending your
property - if in doubt, leave early.
For information on Fire Bans and how to Prepare. Act. Survive. Visit the Rural
Fire Service web page at www.ruralfire.qld.gov.au or call the hotline on 1800
No further warnings will be issued for this event, but the situation will
continue to be monitored and further warnings issued if necessary.