Weather Warnings - Flood Warning - Bogan River
New South Wales
MINOR TO MAJOR FLOOD WARNING FOR THE BOGAN RIVER AT DANDALOO AND DOWNSTREAM
Issued at 10:45 am EST on Sunday 25 September 2016
Flood Warning Number: 42
Moderate flooding is easing at Dandaloo .
While the river has dropped at both Mudall and at Nyngan, another moderate
flood peak is due later this week
Moderate flooding is also occurring at Mulgawarrina where a major flood peak is
expected around Monday [26/09/16].
Minor flooding is current at Gongolgon where a major flood is expected around
the end of September.
Predicted River Heights/Flows:
- peak near 3.5 metres around Wednesday [28/09/16] with moderate flooding.
- remain above moderate flood level through to early October.
- peak near 3.6 metres around Friday [30/09/16] with moderate flooding.
- remain above moderate flood level through to mid October.
- peak near 5.5 metres around Monday [26/09/16] with major flooding.
- peak near 1.3 metres around 30/09/16 with major flooding.
FloodSafe advice is available at www.ses.nsw.gov.au
For emergency assistance call the SES on telephone number 132 500.
For life threatening emergencies, call 000 immediately.
For the latest weather forecast see www.bom.gov.au/nsw/forecasts/
The next warning will be issued by 10am Monday [26/09/16].
Note: river levels are update more frequently on www.bom.gov.au/nsw/flood/
Latest River Heights:
Bogan R at Peak Hill 1.54m steady 10:00 AM SUN 25/09/16
Bogan R at Dandaloo 5.45m steady 08:00 AM SUN 25/09/16
Bogan R at Mudall 2.84m rising 09:00 AM SUN 25/09/16
Bogan R at Neurie Plains 1.74m steady 09:00 AM SUN 25/09/16
Bogan R at Nyngan 3.47m steady 09:00 AM SUN 25/09/16
Bogan R at Monkey Br 5.37m steady 10:00 AM SUN 25/09/16
Bogan R at Mulgawarrina 5.4m steady 05:00 PM SAT 24/09/16
Bogan R at Gongolgon 0.99m steady 10:00 AM SUN 25/09/16
For latest rainfall and river level information see www.bom.gov.au/nsw/flood/