Weather Warnings - NSW Fire Weather Warning
New South Wales
Fire Weather Warning
for the North Western fire area.
Issued at 4:40 am EDT on Tuesday 24 March 2015.
Hot, dry and windy conditions will accompany the passage of a front on Tuesday
afternoon and evening.
For the rest of Tuesday 24 March:
Severe Fire Danger is forecast for the following fire area:
The NSW Rural Fire Service warns that any bushfire that starts has the
potential to threaten lives and destroy homes.
The Rural Fire Service advises you to:
- Check your bushfire survival plan - Now.
- Monitor the fire and weather situation in any way you can: through
www.rfs.nsw.gov.au and www.bom.gov.au, television or radio.
- Call Triple Zero if you see a fire.
The Rural Fire Service advises that if you are in an area of Severe Fire Danger:
- If you plan to leave finalise your options and leave early on the day
- Only stay if your home is well prepared and you can actively defend it
- Prepare for the emotional, mental and physical impact of defending your
property - if in doubt, leave.
No further warnings will be issued for this event, but the situation will
continue to be monitored and further warnings issued if necessary.
Parts of coastal QLD received their heaviest October rain in five years.