Weather Warnings - NSW Fire Weather Warning
Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
New South Wales
Fire Weather Warning
for the Lower Central West Plains, Eastern Riverina and Southern Riverina fire
Issued at 4:05 am EDT on Monday 29 December 2014.
Hot, dry and windy conditions are forecast over southern and central inland
areas of NSW ahead of an approaching cold front.
For the rest of Monday 29 December:
Severe Fire Danger is forecast for the following fire areas:
Lower Central West Plains, Eastern Riverina and Southern Riverina
The NSW Rural Fire Service warns that any bushfire that starts has the
potential to threaten lives and destroy homes.
The Rural Fire Service advises you to:
- Check your bushfire survival plan - Now.
- Monitor the fire and weather situation in any way you can: through
www.rfs.nsw.gov.au and www.bom.gov.au, television or radio.
- Call Triple Zero if you see a fire.
The Rural Fire Service advises that if you are in an area of Severe Fire Danger:
- If you plan to leave finalise your options and leave early on the day
- Only stay if your home is well prepared and you can actively defend it
- Prepare for the emotional, mental and physical impact of defending your
property - if in doubt, leave.
No further warnings will be issued for this event, but the situation will
continue to be monitored and further warnings issued if necessary.