Weather Warnings - NSW Fire Weather Warning
Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
New South Wales
Fire Weather Warning
for the Southern Riverina fire area.
Issued at 5:16 pm EDT on Tuesday 3 December 2013.
Fresh northwesterly winds ahead of a series of approaching troughs will bring
hot and dry conditions to western New South Wales. This will continue to cause
Severe fire weather conditions for the Southern Riverina Tuesday evening.
For the rest of Tuesday 3 December:
Severe Fire Danger is forecast for the following fire area:
The NSW Rural Fire Service warns that any bushfire that starts has the
potential to threaten lives and destroy homes.
The Rural Fire Service advises you to:
- Check your bushfire survival plan - Now.
- Monitor the fire and weather situation in any way you can: through
www.rfs.nsw.gov.au and www.bom.gov.au, television or radio.
- Call Triple Zero if you see a fire.
The Rural Fire Service advises that if you are in an area of Severe Fire Danger:
- If you plan to leave finalise your options and leave early on the day
- Only stay if your home is well prepared and you can actively defend it
- Prepare for the emotional, mental and physical impact of defending your
property - if in doubt, leave.
No further warnings will be issued for this event, but the situation will
continue to be monitored and further warnings issued if necessary.